Mistake near Lake Constance

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
tabaluga6

Mistake near Lake Constance

Postby tabaluga6 » Mon May 11, 2020 4:04 pm

Hello,

i found a big mistake near " Lake Constance" in the triangle of countries -South Germany/Austria/Switzerland. There's a big lake that doesn't belong there.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Re: Mistake near Lake Constance

Postby Max Perry » Mon May 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Thanks I'll fix it. That river exploded out of it's shoreline trying to slope downhill.

tabaluga6

Postby tabaluga6 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:42 am

Thank you,
but i found some more mistakes:
near Cameri airport in northern Italy- the river Ticino has a very big jet fountain instead a normal watercourse. And if you follow to Milano City there is a very, very big Prelli Tower inside.

Regards
Peter

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Wed May 13, 2020 3:41 pm

I'm pretty sure i've got the Ticino spike 'jet fountain' fixed in the next update. What is the ver very big Prelli Tower? Can you post a screenshot? I'm assuming you mean a custom model that's not that big in real life :)

tabaluga6

Postby tabaluga6 » Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm

sorry,
I meant the Generali Tower in Milano, you forgot to built the Pirelli Tower next door. Your Generali Tower is 2823 feet high, in reality it's 580 feet high.

Regards
Peter

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Thu May 14, 2020 2:59 am

Ok, got it. There's quite a few legacy FSX buildings that are not to scale still in the scenery. Feel free to let me know about more or if buildings got removed / demolished!

tabaluga6

Postby tabaluga6 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:32 pm

Hi again,
no problem. The most buildings in EURW are out of real scale. For instance all buildings in Florence -Duomo, Palazo Pitti , Central- Station etc. When I see those buildings I scale them by myself with ModelConverterX. So sometimes I have a lot to do.

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Sat May 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks for letting me know about those buildings scale, i'll make a ticket for those you mention. I'm aware that a lot of our custom city landmark models are out of scale. Some of these models date back to FS9 (think before google earth and a measure tool) and are in dire need of updates!

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”