[RESOLVED] KLAX,KSAN

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
Srg686

[RESOLVED] KLAX,KSAN

Postby Srg686 » Fri May 24, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi, I'd like to know if will have a correction for KLAX default scenery, gates are positioned wrong, and KLAX 24R/L 25R/L and KSAN 09/27 papi lights are not visible.

downscc

Re: KLAX,KSAN

Postby downscc » Sat May 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Most of the sim world in P3D is older than FSX.
Do not expect LM to update scenery because they defer to 3d party developers to cater to that market. You can modify the default airports yourself with freeware ADE, or you can add FSDT KLAX. There are two developers out there than do a very nice KSAN as well.
Dan Downs
KCRP

Srg686

Postby Srg686 » Tue May 28, 2019 5:43 am

Ok, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have money to buy the whole world payware scenery. If they could at least fix the papis from Ksan and Klax, would be great. Maybe have other airports with the same issue.

downscc

Postby downscc » Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Ok, thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have money to buy the whole world payware scenery. If they could at least fix the papis from Ksan and Klax, would be great. Maybe have other airports with the same issue.
Being a little snippy? No one suggested you buy the whole world. As for the PAPI, you can fix those yourself with the free Airport Design Editor (ADE) from Scruffyduck, and it comes with an excellent user manual beginners can use and a support forum for support.
Dan Downs
KCRP

keenrw

Postby keenrw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:40 pm

If you look on Avsim there is an updated KLAX file for P3D .. its a year or so old but its more up to date then the default ...in the past few days there theres a brand new update for KLAX but FSX only .. you can get this working in P3D by using a program called ADE you just need to set some drawing flags to on to get it working . The down side is the person who made it used some of his own scenery objects so you will need to keep that file and put the new converted on at a higher scenery level.
For P3D look for klax_-_los_angeles_intl_airport.zip.... for KSAN P3D look for ksan_p3d_rwc_022317.zip

Thanks
Rich

keenrw

Postby keenrw » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Also you can update the ILS/VORs/PAPIs etc from this site ... it updates all the Nav Data for the default Airports ,sadly not add on airports unless they use the default data...but theres a few useful programs on that page like Airport Inspector and BGL Navaids direct editor that can help you change the info , they are easy to use .

https://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html

Thanks
Rich

Srg686

Postby Srg686 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:50 am

Thanks for the help! My navaids are updated, I first used this site, now I'm using the FsAero and the Navigraph.

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”