Floating Autogen on Prepar3D v5

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
mendiola_loyola

Floating Autogen on Prepar3D v5

Post by mendiola_loyola »

When I slew from the SPJC airport to the Location shown on the picture I see the autogen floating above the ground.
It happens with the default scenery plus a custom mesh terrain at LO10
If I disable the Mesh terrain scenery the autogen buildings don't float above the ground.
If a build the mesh terrain with LO9 the autogen buildings don't float above the ground.

Is there a problem by using LO10 mesh scenery, vector scenery roads and autogen building?

Regards
Alfredo Mendiola Loyola
Lima, Peru
Glassman18

Re: Floating Autogen on Prepar3D v5

Post by Glassman18 »

Hi
I have same problem! ...floating runway markers at airports etc ,i am new to prep3d upgraded from fsx steam so just playing around with settings, i have installed just flight vfr-real scenery 3d uk 1+2 into prep3d scenery thought this might be the issue with the floating markers, some advice would be appreciated.
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

I have same problem with Freemesh. Does exist some solution ?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I have FreeMesh also, but I have never seen anything like this.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

Try Cuzco (SPZO) or Brac (LDSB). Spawn on these airports, slew and fly away 30 miles, then return back to the airport.
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

Default sceneries are OK. I had some relict of custom sceneries for both airports. I analyzed LDSB and found that flatting polygons are cause of the floating buildings - buildings are at height of the terrain, but terrain geometry is controlled and rendered with flatten polygons. And if flatten polygons are lower than terrain mesh, buildings floats over the terrain. Other words - do not use autogen buildings over flattening polygons. Otherwise You will see flying houses.