P3Dv5.2 Unable to remove Stock Data

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
lymanl

P3Dv5.2 Unable to remove Stock Data

Post by lymanl »

With P3Dv5.2, stock data (objects, taxisigns, etc.) are not removable from either a "stock data" airport or a "customized airport".
I have tried multiple options with no success. The stock objects (example: taxiway signs) are displayed when using the newly compiled .bgl BUT they do NOT appear in the XML that is generated at compile time. (I am using ADE for such).
I have gone so far as to delete the folder containing the "stock airport" (in this case KDFW) \Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\Scenery\0202\scenery\APX22200 with no change. The stock objects such as taxisigns, checkered hut, localizers, etc. remain.
Any pointers / help is greatly appreciated.....please let me know where I went wrong or where these objects are coming from.
Thanks in advance.
Lyman Lundquist
KAUS
lymanl

Re: P3Dv5.2 Unable to remove Stock Data

Post by lymanl »

For custom airports that were brought forward from P3Dv4.5, I am able to add taxisigns and compile, but although the taxisigns appear in the XML version of the compiled .bgl, they are not displayed nor are they associated with any micro exclusions.
Lyman Lundquist
KAUS
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi lymanl
With ADE using SDK v5.2HF1 (bglcomp.exe), when I compile an airport I have this in the xml airport section
<TaxiwaySign
lat="xx.xxx"
lon="x.xxxx"
heading="xxx.xxxxxxxxxx"
label="XXXX"
size="SIZE3"
justification="RIGHT"/>
Could you confirm you have not these lines for each taxisign in the xml but you can see them in your scenery?

So make this test:
Add a taxisign with your name for example.
Can you see it in your scenery?
If yes, make a search with your name in the xml. You will find it.
Regards
Michel
lymanl

Post by lymanl »

I have done exactly as you suggested. I added (2) taxiway signs: LYMAN-TEST and IN GRASS plus 2 others in a grassed area.
All appear in the resulting XML:
<TaxiwaySign
lat="32.915190431"
lon="-97.026741875"
heading="0"
label="m[IN GRASS]"
size="SIZE3"
justification="RIGHT"/>
<TaxiwaySign
lat="32.915483257"
lon="-97.026460178"
heading="182.75893852471"
label="m[LYMAN-TEST]"
size="SIZE3"
justification="RIGHT"/>
Neither the above nor any of the other taxiway signs appear when P3Dv5 is loaded.
In loading this airport from the .bgl with ADE, there are NO taxiway signs in the bgl version either.
Any insight?
Thank you.
Lyman Lundquist
KAUS
mpni

Post by mpni »

Try this :
When your xml is that you want (with your name for exemple), take it with your mouse and put it on bglcomp.exe
This file is located in your P3D SDK.
For exemple:
\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5\SDK\World\Scenery
The result will be an bgl that you have to put in your scenery.
When P3D load, you will have a bar for new index sceneries.
If not, your scenery is not correctly declared.
Regards
Michel
lymanl

Post by lymanl »

The actual problem is a combination of errors...mine and LM.
I was successful in removing the Stock Data using the tools in ADE BUT after doing so, I still could not add a taxiway sign.
I found that in P3Dv5 (both 5.1 and 5.2), there is a max limit of 965 taxisigns allowed. Once you reach 966, ALL taxiway signs are removed from the compiled BGL with no errors posted.
This only applies to "taxiway signs" as other objects (windsocks, beacons, MDLs, etc.) can be added with no problems, unless of course these types of objects have some sort of "max limit" that I have not reached yet.
This is NOT the case in P3Dv4.5 or earlier versions.
I have no insight / knowledge of where the problem resides but suspect the SDK compiler.
Any help, pointers, etc. is greatly appreciated.
I have opened a support post on the Client App forum.
Many thanks!
Lyman Lundquist
KAUS
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Lyman,

I know next to nothing about AFCAD design, but have you dropped a question about this to Jon "ScruffyDuck" at the FSDeveloper forum? As the author of ADE he would know about this topic.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
lymanl

Post by lymanl »

Yes, absolutely I have contacted Scruffy Duck.
I will update here with any info that he may have to help resolve.
And thank you very much for your ? and followup, I appreciate it very much.
Lyman Lundquist
KAUS