Just Starting Out

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
ricka47

Post by ricka47 »

I'm an old flight simmer (61) and go back to the Commodore Vic-20 days! I have FSX with many add ons and I had hoped that X-Plane 10 would be much more of a major update than it has turned out to be. Today, I discovered this site and Prepared3D. But, I do have few questions.

1.) Is this software suitable for someone who is a non-professional, yet serious, flight simmer?

2.) I don't mind the $500 cost but does the $9.95 per month get me the same thing as sort of a trial?

3.) I note that there are 45 airports in 39 cities which is so much less than FSX or X-Plane 10. I'm assuming that this will increase over time?

My computer is an AMD 6 core running at 4.0 GHZ, 8 GB RAM, GTX570 video card which should run this sim OK - thanks!
Rick Abshier
Legacy Support

Post by Legacy Support »

Hi Rick,

Welcome! The license for use is for non-entertainment purposes. The $9.95 is for a subscription to the developer network for those folks who are currently developing, or who are looking to develop applications, add-ons and simulators etc that use Prepar3D. The $499 license is for those people and organizations that are not developing, but still wish to use Prepar3D for non-entertainment purposes. The 45 airports are high-detailed airports with geo-specific buildings and layouts etc. There are still nearly 25,000 worldwide airports in the database, which is the same as FSX. Recommended system specifications can be found on the Prepar3D client page here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/products/prepar3d-client/

Regards,

John

ricka47

Post by ricka47 »

Thanks John, it sound like neither of those two uses would apply to me then. Thanks for the info!
Rick Abshier