Simulation Arcade Use

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
simworld

Postby simworld » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:56 am

Hi John,

Will the Prepar3D software allow us to link up multiple motion base simulators and create WW2 dogfight scenarios or re-create Battle of Britain missions.

Can we fly the current military jets or helicopters and shoot at each other or objects?

We currently operate 9 x motion racing car simulators in our purpose built simulation arcade that have been designed for adapting for flight when required.

Is the $499 license a once off fee or an annual fee?

By the way I feel that $499 is very affordable and fair for commercial use and praise you guys for pricing it at this level. I'm really excited that you guys have taken this project on and are making a great product even better.

Can a person like myself who has no knowledge of the programming or SDK application actually use the SDK kit and understand what they are doing?

Thank you,

Tom Kennedy

SimWorld Australia

www.simworld.com.au

MichaelStalls

Postby MichaelStalls » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:35 am

G,day

Quote:

Will the Prepar3D software allow us to link up multiple motion base simulators and create WW2 dogfight scenarios or re-create Battle of Britain missions.

Can we fly the current military jets or helicopters and shoot at each other or objects?

I'd definately say so. but you may have to build or purchase aircraft flight models from a third party. I don't think the software ships with a collection of aircraft (as does the home version of MS flight sim)

How realistic are the vehicle dynamics in the arcade versions of the car racing sims?

(i'd love to have a go! but im in melbourne) i imagine there would be a fairly steep learning curve for arcade gamers if you had a dog fighting game that featued realistic flight models of aircraft such as f 18's or even ww2 types like a mustang or a spitifire.

regards

Michael Stalls

Legacy Support

Postby Legacy Support » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:12 am

Quote:

Quote from simworld on November 10, 2010, 00:56

Yes.

Quote:

Weapons capability is coming. The specific roadmap is still being worked through for when it will be released.

Quote:

We currently operate 9 x motion racing car simulators in our purpose built simulation arcade that have been designed for adapting for flight when required.

The licenses cannot be used for strictly entertainment purposes, however historical and modern flight experiences are probably OK.

Quote:

Is the $499 license a once off fee or an annual fee?

It is a perpetual license. So one off.

Quote:

By the way I feel that $499 is very affordable and fair for commercial use and praise you guys for pricing it at this level. I'm really excited that you guys have taken this project on and are making a great product even better.

We really appreciate your feedback! I can tell you that the team is completely pumped about the product and we are all excited about the future and the capabilities that we are going to be bringing to the product!

Quote:

Can a person like myself who has no knowledge of the programming or SDK application actually use the SDK kit and understand what they are doing?

I honestly can't answer that question as it is always about individual experience and capabilities. What I can suggest is perhaps download the SDK from the free downloads page on this site and have a good read of it. If you feel comfortable after that, then join the Developer Network for $9.95 per month and dive in!

John

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:25 am

Doing something with SimConnect add-ons, or C++ gauges would require programming knowledge, but many sections of the SDK do not. The SDK documentation can teach you how to tweak existing aircraft's panels, views, flight model via configuration files, and create gauges via XML. It also provides the tools and add-ons that artists and scenery developers need to generate new sim-objects, aircraft, scenery, etc. I suggest you go skim through the online SDK documentation to get an overview of what you can do with and without coding.

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

simworld

Postby simworld » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:15 pm

Great,

Thank you everyone for your response.

The future looks very bright indeed. As soon as the weapons/damage capability is applied we will be ready to move forward.

Regards,

Tom Kennedy

SimWorld Australia

Return to “Miscellaneous”