Getting started

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
MichaelStalls

Postby MichaelStalls » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:33 am

G'day

My name is michael Stalls im an aerospace engineer who is currently doing a Commercial pilots licence and instrument rating. I have been interested in the use of PC flight simulators as real world training aids for some time and im very interested in the Prepar3d software that has been developed by LM.

Anyway i have recently become a registered developer and downloaded the SDK but im still not quite where sure where to start. are there any good general guides or introductory info out there? My background is much more in the hard ware side of things rather than software.

Also where do i download the Runtime? i have a licence id and passwd

Best Regards,

Michael Stalls

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Postby Adam Breed » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 am

Quote:

Quote from MichaelStalls on November 10, 2010, 00:33

My name is michael Stalls im an aerospace engineer who is currently doing a Commercial pilots licence and instrument rating. I have been interested in the use of PC flight simulators as real world training aids for some time and im very interested in the Prepar3d software that has been developed by LM.

Anyway i have recently become a registered developer and downloaded the SDK but im still not quite where sure where to start. are there any good general guides or introductory info out there? My background is much more in the hard ware side of things rather than software.

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your interest in Prepar3D. To become familiar with Prepar3D, after installing the client, I would recommend selecting Help -> Learning Center from the menu bar. The Learning Center contains all of Prepar3D’s documentation and features a 'Getting Started' section for people that are new to Prepar3D.

Also, since you are a registered developer, I would recommend that you start reading is the SDK documentation found at http://www.prepar3d.com/sdk/sdk.php. That should give you a pretty good overview on how to develop add ons for Prepar3D.

Quote:

Also where do i download the Runtime? i have a licence id and passwd

You should have received a link in your invoice email that said, "... Software Download Page!" I will resend your invoice and that should contain your specific download link.
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager

MichaelStalls

Postby MichaelStalls » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:58 pm

Thanks,

i have downloaded and installed the software. When i try to access the learning center via help menu it causes a fatal error and prepar3d automatically restarts. I cant seem to get the learning center to come up at all at the moment.

regards

Michael

Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Postby Beau Hollis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:32 am

Sorry for the crash. If you can send us some more specifics about the error message, we will look into it. For now, try running LearningCenter.exe (found in your Prepar3D folder) to bring up the learning center as a standalone app.

Thanks,

Beau
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect

MichaelStalls

Postby MichaelStalls » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:09 am

Ok i ran the learning center.Exe as administrator and everything seem to work ok now

regards

michael

Return to “Miscellaneous”