Suddenly complete loss of FPS only in Geneva.

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Patrick Chaieb

Suddenly complete loss of FPS only in Geneva.

Post by Patrick Chaieb »

Hi there

I still use P3Dv4.5 and suddenly I have complete loss of FPS at Geneva (LSGG]. It was fine before with 50+ Fps but today, they are lower than 10, even with the addonscenery deactivated and even with a default aircraft.

It's only in the vicinity of Geneva and everywhere else it's still finde.

Any solution I can try?
Kind Regards

Patrick
EllipticCurve

Re: Suddenly complete loss of FPS only in Geneva.

Post by EllipticCurve »

Remove the offending scenery and scenery modules. Deactivation is insufficient.
All comments and opinions are my own.
BAWV12

Post by BAWV12 »

Probably there is still unsolved problem with ORBX Europe landclasses.

From my post on ORBX forum :

I wasted many hours with attempts to solve CTDs with P3Dv5 and v5.2 on customer's machine. And found workaround. You need rename OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl file in the folder Orbx\p3dv5\Global openLC Europe\Orbx\FTX_OLC\OLC_EU4\Scenery to OLC_EU_REG_L_French.bgl.off and CTDs are gone. No matter what scenery You use - Aerosoft, FSDT, default or any freeware. LUSA2R and other STARs are again flyable. I tried open that file with tmfviewer, file looks OK. If tthis file is active, all attempts for ILS approach for rwy 22 ended with CTD. With renamed, all is OK. IMHO in this file is some strange problem...

Source :
https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/2075 ... nt-1768340
KevinKaessmann

Post by KevinKaessmann »

Thanks for this hint.

I had the same issue months ago flying from LSZH to LFLL in a two engine in medium altitude, mostly stutter, sometimes crash.
Recently I found this thread but couldn't reproduce it (but on one or two flights and I remember it depends on the route/angle/altitude:
passing LSGG from NE to SW).
So I will take your finding to my P3D v4.5 documentation.