P3DV5.3 Aircraft (AI) navigation lights are surrounded by a square and other problems

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Springbok77w

P3DV5.3 Aircraft (AI) navigation lights are surrounded by a square and other problems

Post by Springbok77w »

Just installed the above as per instructions. I have noticed that when viewed from a distance[/u][/u] the lighting on AI aircraft in particular, have a square around the light. This is with EA selected off with Active Sky / AS cloud art and Envtex and Envshade installed (updated versions)

Also previously i.e with 5.2 the distant horizon had a haze layer which hid the horizon. 5.3 seems to have a very unrealistic unlimited visibility with no case when flying at high level.

Is this a problem with the above add ons or 5.3?

Fantastic sim and am very grateful for the continued updates.
Martyson

Re: P3DV5.3 Aircraft (AI) navigation lights are surrounded by a square and other problems

Post by Martyson »

@ Springbok77w ,

Are you seeing the square box on the NAV lights of default or payware AI aircraft?
Do any default aircraft show the problem?

Naytime and nighttime ?
On the ground and in flight?

"I have noticed that when viewed from a distance[/u][/u]"
What is [/u][/u] ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Springbok77w

Re: P3DV5.3 Aircraft (AI) navigation lights are surrounded by a square and other problems

Post by Springbok77w »

Hi There,

On further research its default F35 (not checked others) and AI aircraft, but only when viewed from a distance. Up close the lights are fine.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Springbok77w wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:40 pm Hi There,

On further research its default F35 (not checked others) and AI aircraft, but only when viewed from a distance. Up close the lights are fine.
@ Springbok77w ,

Would it be possible for you to get a screenshot of the default F-35 problem?

If needed, how to post screenshots:
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 3&t=141933

Just to verify:
Naytime and nighttime ?
On the ground and in flight?

"I have noticed that when viewed from a distance[/u][/u]"
What is [/u][/u] ?

Note:
You mentioned:
"This is with EA selected off with Active Sky / AS cloud art and Envtex and Envshade installed (updated versions)"
Best Regards,
Springbok77w

Post by Springbok77w »

Hi there,

After the Envetex/ Envshade patch the problem seems to be fixed, at least as far as the Nav light issue is concerned. Thanks anyway.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Springbok77w ,

Glad to hear you resolved your problem with the nav lights.

I am still looking out for any problems you mentioned on my test flights.

Note:
I have Active Sky (beta) but I do not use AS cloud art, Envtex, or Envshade.
Best Regards,