Gaming Laptop?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Grover#1

Gaming Laptop?

Post by Grover#1 »

OK, please hear me out…I am downsizing my living situation and will have much less room for computer gear (Sigh…) So here’s my question: Does anyone here fly with P3d using a 17" gaming laptop? Sure, the move is currently to 32" screens and blazing desktops, but I just won’t have the room…There are some decent deals out there right now on gaming laptops with excellent components and beautiful screens…And, I will almost certainly be sitting closer to the laptop than I am my monitor…I will welcome any opinions or suggestions! Thanks…
BeckerSup

Re: Gaming Laptop?

Post by BeckerSup »

If it's still any use, P3D on a laptop with a Core i7-10750H or better and at least RTX 2070, or 5000-series AMD mobile and RX 6800M will run FHD with graphics at medium/high with all base aircraft and plenty of decent third-party aircraft. You can expect 20-40 fps in VR with high-quality goggles (HP Reverb G2 and better) with comparable settings. Third-party scenery packages and weather are bigger challenges. Ventilate the chassis the best you can, such as with a fan base. I've used about a dozen different laptops within this range of specs, and none have failed to run P3D.
jhonibraham

Post by jhonibraham »

These are the best gaming laptop:

1. Razer Blade 15. The best gaming laptop.
2. Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 (2022) The best all-around gaming laptop.
3. Razer Blade 14. The most desirable compact gaming laptop.
4. Dell G3 15.
5. Lenovo Legion 5 Pro (16" AMD)
6.MSI GS66 Stealth.
7. Acer Predator Helios 300.
8. Asus ROG Strix Scar 17 (2022)

I also use a Lenovo laptop use with the best gaming experience.it depend on your choice which you choose from these laptops.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

A laptop - no matter if it is a so-called gaming laptop - is inherently UNsuited for flight simulators such as P3D.

You are totally locked in its configuration. You MAY (on a good day) be able to install more RAM, and maybe a different hard drive. But if you want to upgrade anything else, forget it.

I do realize (before you start a flaming war) that many are constrained by space and/or other requirements. But if you possibly can, get a desktop.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Humusk1

Post by Humusk1 »

Grover#1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:46 pm OK, please hear me out…I am downsizing my living situation and will have much less room for computer gear (Sigh…) So here’s my question: Does anyone here fly with P3d using a 17" gaming laptop? Sure, the move is currently to 32" screens and blazing desktops, but I just won’t have the room…There are some decent deals out there right now on gaming laptops with excellent components and beautiful screens…And, I will almost certainly be sitting closer to the laptop than I am my monitor…I will welcome any opinions or suggestions! Thanks…
I'm looking for something 14-16 inches in size that will fit in a backpack to school/work (no 17 inch laptops), has a decent battery life, nice aesthetics (not bulky), and is between $2,000 and $3,000 in price. I use it for work, watching movies and gaming, and creating content (streaming, YouTube, video editing, etc). Which are your top two suggestions?
elliot15

Post by elliot15 »

Humusk1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:16 am
Grover#1 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:46 pm OK, please hear me out…I am downsizing my living situation and will have much less room for computer gear (Sigh…) So here’s my question: Does anyone here fly with P3d using a 17" gaming laptop? Sure, the move is currently to 32" screens and blazing desktops, but I just won’t have the room…There are some decent deals out there right now on gaming laptops with excellent components and beautiful screens…And, I will almost certainly be sitting closer to the laptop than I am my monitor…I will welcome any opinions or suggestions! Thanks…
I'm looking for something 14-16 inches in size that will fit in a backpack to school/work (no 17 inch laptops), has a decent battery life, nice aesthetics (not bulky), and is between $2,000 and $3,000 in price. I use it for work, watching movies and gaming, and creating content (streaming, YouTube, video editing, etc). Which are your top two suggestions?
If you have a budget in that range, then I recommend an Alienware laptop. You could probably get an RTX 3070 version, at the very least, which would easily handle everything you want to do on it. When it comes to battery life, I suggest you switch power profile, depending on what you're doing on it.
vincent.guerandel

Post by vincent.guerandel »

My recommendation: get a desktop. For this budget you will get a laptop that will run at half the performance a desktop at this price point would. Not only that but you will regret your purchase in the next 2 years when you will be looking at upgrading. Instead of spending an extra $500 - $1000 for a quality part (i.e new CPU, RAM or GPU), you will end up spending another $2000 - $3000 for a new laptop.

Vincent