ATC remains off - without any recognizable reason

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
gero-1954

Re: ATC remains off - without any recognizable reason

Post by gero-1954 »

Martyson wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:53 pm
gero-1954 wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:44 pm
Martyson wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:39 pm @ gero-1954 ,

With the test flight press the Scroll Lock key

Did the ATC menu pop - up ? ... yes
@ gero-1954 ,

Ok.

Not seeing any default P3D airline traffic at KDTW is a problem.
Have you used and seen default P3D AI aircraft parked at gates on past flights? ... not quit shure. Only in Australia due to ORBX AI addon

From this point creating a normal flight like KDTW - KORD , IFR ... done.

... I'm correctly guided via taxiway to runway 4R. The takeoff is cleared by tower (ATC works correcht up to now).
... Now ATC reads "No messages to transmit to Detroit Metro Tower on 135.00"
... Now the ATC works well, as expected, it guides me along the route and the height, and I'm connected to "Detroit Departure".
... BUT when crossing the western border near KRMY (Marshall / Brooks) between the Detroit tower and Chicago, the ATC switches off and reads "No messages to transmit to anyone" and "Nearest airport list" (at this point, there are 9 airstrips of unknown names). THAT's the effect I mean !

where do you see the first ATC problem? ... see before
Last edited by gero-1954 on Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Well, I normally do a different type of flying:

I never use IFR, only VFR. I programm the CDU of the B777 or A330 or whatever and let the aircraft fly it's way. When crossing the tower borders FORMERLY, I had been prompted by the ATC to "tune in KORD" or whatever is the next tower frequency, and this was always indepent of IFR and VFR.

This worked in the past, not now anymore, and that's my problem. But only in P3D - not in FSX or FSX:SE under identical conditions. Here the guiding from tower to tower worked and works perfect....

Well, in the meantime I landed at KORD, and only now Chicago ground guides me to the parking position again.
But I'm alone ... KORD is depopulated nowadays, maybe I'm here 200 years too early or too late. In 2021, I'm the only one here.

In reality, for me it's time to prepare for evening now. Thanks for having tried to help me, I'll continue to look for the "lucky punch" on the hidden button in any config or other file saying "ATC off" in my case.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ gero-1954

You mentioned:
"Well, I normally do a different type of flying: I never use IFR, only VFR"

That is your problem (I am not sure what you are doing) for the test. I wish you had mentioned that in your initial post.

Which aircraft did you use on this test flight?

P3Dv4.5HF3 is working properly with Low/High altitude flights (KDTW-KORD).

Here is an example of the ATC transfer from Cleveland to Chicago Center on my test flight.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Martyson wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 7:12 pm @ gero-1954

You mentioned:
"Well, I normally do a different type of flying: I never use IFR, only VFR"

That is your problem (I am not sure what you are doing) for the test. I wish you had mentioned that in your initial post.
... The test flight was prformed as IFR flight.

Which aircraft did you use on this test flight?
.... I used the standard A321 aircraft

P3Dv4.5HF3 is working properly with Low/High altitude flights (KDTW-KORD).

Here is an example of the ATC transfer from Cleveland to Chicago Center on my test flight.
... exactly your red surrounded ATC message is what I'm always missing
(normally you get it each time you enter a new flight zone), and I missed it on the test flight, too!
Formerly I had this message, but since several months I never saw it anymore.
And there's NO message like "Tune Chicago Center on 128,500".
Instead, there's the message "Nothing to transmit to anyone".

gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Once again hallo everybody,

in the meantime, I tried everything: I looked for FS9-files, especially with much help from Don Grovestine directly for AIFP3 (thanks Don!), but there are none (none were found). I disabled ALL my scenery addons which are more than 200 (except those belonging directly to P3D4) and afterwards enabled them again, I even deleted the up-to-date-client of P3D4.5 (Hotfix 3) and replace it by an older version - all this helped nothing at all.

I'm still alone in my flight world, no starting or landing of other aircrafts, no AI aircrafts in Australia at other gates, no ATC-voices during the filght, no air traffic around me.

I don't know what to do else. Installing the hole P3D4.5 once more is too difficult for reasons that are easily to understand, especially with respect to all the add-ons of aircrafts and sceneries.

If anyone has an idea ... you're highly welcome. But me, I'm close to give up all my efforts to reactivte AI traffic, and stay alone worldwide.

Regards, gero
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ gero-1954

With 100% Airline and General aviation traffic (sliders in Options)
bring up Traffic Toolbox / Explorer and do a screenshot of your current traffic.

Traffic Toolbox information:
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningC ... olbox.html
Best Regards,
gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Hi Martyson,

thanks for trying to help me again.
However,
1) the link above doesn't work, because it's incomplete.
2) It probably must read "SDKv5" instead of "SDKv2" because if I go to the Learning Center on the main page, it automatically switches to SDKv5.
3) Trying to search for "Traffic Toolbox" on the main page I'm linked to the main P3Dv5 page - here, I cannot find anything like "traffic Toolbox".

Attached you find a screenshot of my "Options - Traffic Settings". But I think this is more or less useless.

[img] D:\t1\Options - Traffic.jpg [/img] ... how can I attach an image? There's no button here like "Attachment" ... and no "copy and paste" or something else ... sorry

Regards, gero
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ gero-1954 ,
Gero

Sorry about the bad link I copied off the internet.

In your P3D main folder find Learning center
Double left mouse click on it
Search for traffic toolbox
select traffic toolbox from the list
scroll down to traffic explorer for some information

If you do not have Traffic toolbox installed go ahead and install it (internet link information below):

Download the SDK first, information here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/support/sdk/

General install information:
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv2/LearningC ... olbox.html

How to Post Screenshots (by Chris Metel):
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 98#p238598
Best Regards,
gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Hi Martyson,

maybe I succeeded all necessary steps.
In the following, see the screenshots

Options - Traffic (shows Airline traffic density 100%):

Traffic Explorer (shows ONE single aircraft, the F-22 raptor standard aircraft):

Traffic Settings (shows a picture exactly the same as in the P3D Learning Center) :

However, neither the pictures nor their links are shown in my Preview (and probably not in the submitted message) ! They all are jpg's, I uploaded them into the "dropbox" because I've got an account there, and the corresponding link is ok.

That's why above I explained what can be seen: maybe a first hint is that there is only ONE aircraft in the traffic explorer - my own. In the P3D example, there are many.

Nevertheless, I don't know what could be done right now. Where is the problem ...

Regards, gero
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ gero-1954 ,
gero

How to Post Screenshots (by Chris Metel):
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 98#p238598
Best Regards,
gero-1954

Post by gero-1954 »

Yes, I read the link of Chris Metel.

It says "an image hosting website LIKE imgur or imgbb". So I used dropbox which more or less does the same ... I have no account at imgur and imgbb.

But I will study to create an account and try once to post the jpg's