NEED version Advice Please

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Hawaiianstyle78

NEED version Advice Please

Post by Hawaiianstyle78 »

in need of some good advice please. I had a hard PC crash couple months ago had to wipe and reinstall windows 10. I have a new fresh up to date Windows 10/RTX 2080ti updated etc etc . I got new formatted SSD drive x 3 all consisting of 2TB and my windows 10 is installed onto my nVME.ssd drive.

I purchased msfs2020 month ago and dont like it. i am an owner of P3Dv4. here is my main question. Should i purchase P3dv5 or reinstall p3dv?. Is p3dv5 miles above p3dv4 in FPS, terrain detail, shaders, less ctd etc etc? how is the VRAM issue? all my addons are compatible except i need to upgrade my PMDG 737NGX to PMDG 737NGXU as well as upgrade my Activesky. I have pawyare scenery and other aircraft addons like PMDG 777/747 TFDI717 AerosoftA320/A321 . I also us FSreborn lights, EZDok camera & REX skyforce just for textures.

Should i make the jump to P3dv5 or stay on P3dv4? Is there a significant perfromance increase P3dv5?

thank U!
Martyson

Re: NEED version Advice Please

Post by Martyson »

@ Hawaiianstyle78 ,

You mentioned:
"I purchased msfs2020 month ago and dont like it. "
Did you get a refund ?

With P3Dv5 you can try it on your setup for 14 days.
Refund policy is here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/support/refundpolicy/

Have you checked with all your Add-on developers for their opinion(s)?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
aspen31

Re: NEED version Advice Please

Post by aspen31 »

It can be a little fussy but with a few add-ons (Orbx?) P3Dv5 can be a pretty dynamic simulation, with lots of opportunity to grow.. In my opinion it is worth the upgrade.
Good luck

Warren