surface turbulence

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Capt_Caveman

surface turbulence

Post by Capt_Caveman »

Hi all
Im a student pilot in an area that has alot of surface turbulence and gusts at my local airport and I'm trying to reproduce the effect in p3d v4.5 pro plus

I have tried several different weather settings but I cant seem to get the level of surface turbulence that my airport gets. can anyone recommend a third party weather engine that can do this ? thanx
i5-3570K @ 4.4 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Gskill 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, EVGA Gtx-1070 8 Gb, Windows 10 Pro
Capt_Caveman

Re: surface turbulence

Post by Capt_Caveman »

bump
i5-3570K @ 4.4 GHz, ASUS P8Z77-V LK, Gskill 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, EVGA Gtx-1070 8 Gb, Windows 10 Pro
freddy_

Re: surface turbulence

Post by freddy_ »

Third party weather programs can be a matter of opinion with some preferring this one over that one.

Personally, I don't think you can go past Active Sky. It will do surface winds and it will do turbulence, and a whole lot of other weather related stuff. You can set it up manually (you choose the wind strength, direction, gusts, etc), or you can use it in "live mode" with the program downloading the local weather data where your aircraft is and injecting that in to the sim, live, and accurately, as you fly.

Here's a link: https://hifisimtech.com/

If you are running P3D v4.5 then you will want ASP4 (Active Sky for P3D version 4).