Unable to activate Autopilot in P3D v5

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
xxxRASMANxxx

Unable to activate Autopilot in P3D v5

Postby xxxRASMANxxx » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:43 am

Hello fellow pilots, I am hoping that someone out there can see where or what I have done wrong as I have a fresh install of P3D v5, Flight1 GTN trainer and Gauges setup, and some A2A aircraft installed, i.e 172, 182 ect.... When i set any destination using either the default planners in the aircraft or via the FTN 750 I am unable to press the autopilot button to activate AP, none of the AP buttons are working and even if I select heading and not NAV/GPS it still does not activate, plane just fly's around in a circle.?

Any help or guidance appreciated,

Regards,

John

Martyson

Re: Unable to activate Autopilot in P3D v5

Postby Martyson » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:40 am

Hello fellow pilots, I am hoping that someone out there can see where or what I have done wrong as I have a fresh install of P3D v5, Flight1 GTN trainer and Gauges setup, and some A2A aircraft installed, i.e 172, 182 ect.... When i set any destination using either the default planners in the aircraft or via the FTN 750 I am unable to press the autopilot button to activate AP, none of the AP buttons are working and even if I select heading and not NAV/GPS it still does not activate, plane just fly's around in a circle.?

Any help or guidance appreciated,

Regards,

John
John,

Are you referring to the F1 GTN Complete that uses the Garmin Trainer software?
http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=gtncomplete
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

xxxRASMANxxx

Postby xxxRASMANxxx » Wed Jul 08, 2020 7:09 am

Hi Vaughan, yes that's the one, I have had some success with getting the AP to work if I set up the heading bug and line up with that then when I am closer to the flight plan I can switch to NAV. Has worked OK but I am getting situations where I will be travelling along just fine then the nose for example pitches up and I go into a stall or worse crash.

Is this normal? or am I setting it up wrong do you think?

Regards,

John

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:03 pm

Hi John,

Is your posted problem with the autopilot not activating resolved?

If so, it would be best to start a new post/topic on any new problem.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

xxxRASMANxxx

Postby xxxRASMANxxx » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:19 am

The problem I experienced with AP failing to engage is resolved in that I can turn it on now, but why it fails in flight and the reasons are not so clear to me yet, i will diagnose further. This issue can be closed and if needed I can create another thread.

Appreciate the responses though,

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

John

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:52 am

John,

Glad to hear your problem is resolved.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Miscellaneous”