Graphics Problem

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
jeperson

Graphics Problem

Postby jeperson » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:56 am

Hi
I run P3D v4.5 and P3D v5 on the same machine, I have 4 Monitors , 3 as the main Flight sim screen and 1 for ancillary items maps etc.

All the sliders are the same for P3d V4.5 and V5.

On V4.5 everything runs and looks ok on all 4 screens.

On v5 the main3 screens look good but the 1 screen that I use for ancillary items flickers and goes blank intermittently, even if there is nothing on that screen.

My system is new running windows 10 Pro 64bit on ADATA SX8200PNP 1Tbit. the monitors are 3 NECMultisyncEA241wm and 1AOC 22"

Processor, Intel i9-9900K 3.6 GHz
RAM , 32GB
Display, Nvidia GeForce RTX2080 Ti

I do not understand why things are OK running v 4.5 but if I run Ver 5 with Hotfix1 I should have this problem? not only with the Default Aircraft but also with Aerosoft pro series as well.

Have updated to Hot fix 2 on ver 5 and still have the same problem

Any help or comment would be appreciated.

Jack

JorgenSA

Re: Graphics Problem

Postby JorgenSA » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:05 am

I do not have any experience with multiple monitors, but having more than one of course places more demands on the graphics card than if you just have one.

Also, v. 5 is more demanding of raw computer horsepower than v. 4.5.

What this leads up to is that you might want to overclock your CPU to somewhere on the other side of 4 GHz and see if that helps.

This is assuming that the BIOS on your motherboard is up to the latest level, and that your Windows and graphics drivers are also up to their latest levels.

You must be aware, though, that if and when you overclock all warranty is void.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

jeperson

Postby jeperson » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Jorgen

Thanks for the reply Jorgen I will give it a try and let you know the results if I can figure out how to overclock my processor.

Thanks again

Jack

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:27 am

For overclocking you might want to check with your motherboard manual and the motherboard manufacturer's website.

Before I overclocked my own CPU from the base rate of 4.2 GHz to 4.66 GHz, I updated the BIOS on my ASUS motherboard, and that alone gave me a performance increase. Overclocking on an ASUS motherboard is fairly easy with the utilities ASUS provides, your manufacturer might have something similar.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

jeperson

Postby jeperson » Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:19 am

Hi Jorgen

I did not overclock my CPU but I tried minimising the screen on the 3 screens so it showed on one monitor and the flickering on the single monitor stopped. On maximising over three screens it started to flicker again on the single monitor.

On further investigation on the forums someone had mentioned Black Screens in Ver 4.5 and the solution was to Delete the Shader File.

So I tried this in my Ver 5 and for the moment the problem has gone.

I don't know if it is going to be a permanent solution but it may be something that can be passed on to the Tech Dept as a solution in future Hot Fixes?

Thanks again for your help.

Jack

Return to “Miscellaneous”