No Buildings when running PhotoReal scenery

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
KEMIC

No Buildings when running PhotoReal scenery

Postby KEMIC » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:05 pm

I have downloaded both hawaii_photoreal vol1 vol2 vol3 and the hawaiian islands Kauai from Rikooo. I have uninstalled and run one a time in both cases each file loaded fine and show up in Scenery Library but when I fly around Kauai, there are no buildings or any cities being autogenerated. In both cases Airport buildings appear to be fine. I have previously installed Orbx Honolulu cityscapes which works fine but love flying the "Garden Isle" as well and was hoping this scnery would be a bit more realistic flying out of Lihue.Any help would be appreciated.

In addition I run REX 4 texture direct with Soft Clouds and Rexworlwide airports and Tomato Shaders. Quick synopsis of hardware below in signature.
I have aslo posted in Rikooo P3D forum but no suggestions yet..
Kevin

Prepar3D_Prof_5.0.31.35253,Windows 10 Pro V 1909, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB GDDR6,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,Instrument Panel

Kaiii3

Re: No Buildings when running PhotoReal scenery

Postby Kaiii3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:01 am

a photoreal scenery often comes without building/trees (autogen). You need to download it seperate or create it on your own.

KEMIC

Postby KEMIC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Kai,

Thank you for the info. i am currently running Orbx Buildings HD and Trees HD and figured they would suffice to load on top of the Photoreal sceneries. I will look into seperate downloads from Rikooo for additional software.

Kevin
Kevin

Prepar3D_Prof_5.0.31.35253,Windows 10 Pro V 1909, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB GDDR6,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,Instrument Panel

KEMIC

Postby KEMIC » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:09 pm

Just to close this out. Found the solution. Kudos again to Kai for advising that most Photoreal scenery does NOT include Autogen Vegetation or Buildings. I am running Orbx HD Trees and Buildings and expected that would look after the issue, unfortunatly that is not the case. Found a link https://hawaii-photoreal.com/downloads-fsx-p3d/ and downloaded and installed FSJ - Hawaii Photoreal Vol. 1 - Niihau, Kauai & Oahu v.0.99 Setup, FSJ - Hawaii Extra Contents Setup, Hawaii Photoreal UPDATE and FSJ - Hawaiian Airports by George Keogh Setup. Everything now works great. Water is not as nice as OrbX Honolulu citiscapes so that will be my main Oahu for VFR. The FSJ app is a lot nicer than standard P3D for Kauai.
Kevin

Kaiii3

Postby Kaiii3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:29 pm

no problem I am using the same scenery for my Sim including the freeware airport combined with the FSDT Airports it is a very nice area to fly

Return to “Miscellaneous”