Grumman_Goose_G21A

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Butch

Grumman_Goose_G21A

Postby Butch » Tue May 05, 2020 11:59 pm

Would like to know why the Grumman goose G21A that comes with P3D V4 cannot be either previewed
nor flown. What is the purpose of having this if it is not flyable? Was there suppose to be an aircraft.cfg
file included?

What other aircraft in the P3D V4 standard inventory are like this?

Thanks

"Butch"

Martyson

Re: Grumman_Goose_G21A

Postby Martyson » Wed May 06, 2020 6:32 am

Would like to know why the Grumman goose G21A that comes with P3D V4 cannot be either previewed
nor flown. What is the purpose of having this if it is not flyable? Was there suppose to be an aircraft.cfg
file included?

What other aircraft in the P3D V4 standard inventory are like this?

Thanks

"Butch"
Aircraft that are used for AI are not flyable.

See (for example) vehicles for P3Dv5 here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/vehicles/
Last edited by Martyson on Wed May 06, 2020 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed May 06, 2020 6:33 am

I cannot know about your system, but on mine there is an aircraft.cfg file present for the Goose, with 7 variants of the aircraft.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed May 06, 2020 6:44 am

I cannot know about your system, but on mine there is an aircraft.cfg file present for the Goose, with 7 variants of the aircraft.

Jorgen
Can you fly any of the 7 Goose variants, on your system?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed May 06, 2020 8:53 am

Interesting... the Goose does have an aircraft.cfg file, but does not show up in the aircraft selection list, at least not in P3D v. 4.5 HF3.

And in the .air file it is not defined as either Flyable or AI, that is why it does not show up. To show up, it has to be defined as Flyable.

But the answer to the OP remains that I could not say why he does not have an aircraft.cfg file, I have one, and I would imagine that you, Vaughan, also have one.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

ananda

Postby ananda » Wed May 06, 2020 9:01 am

To be visible in the selectio list (and be flyable), it needs to have a "panel" entry in the aircraft.cfg

(I would have thought that both Jorgan and Martyson should have known that)

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed May 06, 2020 9:10 am

Doh.... of course you are correct!

And there has to be a working panel file of some sorts.

Jorgen

Butch

Postby Butch » Wed May 06, 2020 10:56 am

Interesting... the Goose does have an aircraft.cfg file, but does not show up in the aircraft selection list, at least not in P3D v. 4.5 HF3.

And in the .air file it is not defined as either Flyable or AI, that is why it does not show up. To show up, it has to be defined as Flyable.

But the answer to the OP remains that I could not say why he does not have an aircraft.cfg file, I have one, and I would imagine that you, Vaughan, also have one.

Jorgen
Thanks for the feedback (all) - I have the OZX goose 21A and HP versions and was installing the HP version when I then
notice that there was already a LM version of the GOOSE - The OZX G21A has same folder name as the one LM
provides - In order to keep P3D 4.5 and me from confusion, I renamed the folder of the LM goose to G21A_1 then
installed the Ozx version as is with it's folder name as LM's version was before I renamed it.

Butch

Postby Butch » Wed May 06, 2020 10:58 am

Jorgen
Thanks for the feedback (all) - I have the OZX goose 21A and HP versions and was installing the HP version when I then
notice that there was already a LM version of the GOOSE - The OZX G21A has same folder name as the one LM
provides - In order to keep P3D 4.5 and me from confusion, I renamed the folder of the LM goose to G21A_1 then
installed the Ozx version as is with it's folder name as LM's version was before I renamed it. I wanted to seperate
the AI version from the OZX version.

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Wed May 06, 2020 11:00 am

You may have to rename the title= lines in the aircraft.cfg files, if the show duplicate names upon starting P3D.

Jorgen

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Wed May 06, 2020 1:49 pm

To be visible in the selectio list (and be flyable), it needs to have a "panel" entry in the aircraft.cfg

(I would have thought that both Jorgan and Martyson should have known that)
@ ananda,
You need to follow the flow of the questions and current answers without assuming what other pilots should know about anything.

Yes, I knew that and I knew it was an AI.
That was my first answer to the OP.

The OP's question was:
"What is the purpose of having this if it is not flyable?"

My answer was, simply:
Aircraft that are used for AI are not flyable.

But my later question was , to prove that it was an AI without going into details, is it flyable in your setup.

Which was not answered.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Miscellaneous”