MSI Installer error 2753 help needed

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
Blaunarwal

MSI Installer error 2753 help needed

Postby Blaunarwal » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:37 am

Hi everyone

This has nothing to do with LM oder P3D, just a scenery software package I did not uninstall properly and now I'm not able to reinstall due to this MSI Installer error 2753.

The installer actually says, "The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753."

If you wonder, why I did not uninstall properly. I reorganized my addons, since they were installed everywhere. When the update came out, I needed to uninstall first. This failed, as the scenery was not there, where the installer searched it. So I deleted it. Big mistake. Yes, here I am now, can't go back (backup failed too) and can't go forward.

What I did so far:
. I re-downloaded the installer
- I tried with unregistering/registering the installer service.
- Searched all registry entries of the scenery package and deleted them.
- Run also Windows repair DSIM and SFC /Scannow
- Run a registry cleaner
- Run an inplace upgrade of Windows 10
- Search of remains of the scenery. All visible ones are gone.

All no success. The installer runs well until short before finished the error comes up and a full rollback is made. On another windows system I can run the installer without problem. That means to me, a new Windows installation with new registry could solve the problem, but I don't want to unregister all other addons. It's quite a lot of work. I just need to change little I think, but I need to know what.

I think I need a Windows guru to help me here. Any good hints are much appreciated.

Regards

Dan
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

Blaunarwal

Re: MSI Installer error 2753 help needed

Postby Blaunarwal » Sat May 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Could solve the problem, with the official windows helper MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab
The installation was listed under unnamed program. I had two an uninstalled them successfully with this program. Then I could install the scenery and no longer got the error.
i7- 9700K @ 5.0 GHz, 32 GB DDR-4 SDRAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F, KFA2 RTX2080 Super Ex 8GB

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Sat May 02, 2020 4:40 pm

I will have to try that thingy out.

When I look in Control Panel's Uninstall programs, there are some entries in there that I have not been able to remove, until maybe now.

Thanks for this one -

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Blaunarwal

Postby Blaunarwal » Sun May 03, 2020 2:00 pm

I was bit reckless uninstalling this unnamed installations. But I thought, in worst case, I have to install it again, nothing more. I just did not know, if these programs where the sceneries I tried to reinstall. In the end, they turned out to be the right ones. To find the tool, just google the full name I have in my earlier post.

Return to “Miscellaneous”