Setting up a Joystick Configuration to start up as a default when P3d Starts up

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
chrisdanker

Setting up a Joystick Configuration to start up as a default when P3d Starts up

Postby chrisdanker » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:56 pm

Hi,

I'm just wondering if it is possible to set a Joystick Calibration Configuration that I saved as an Exported Configuration as a default when P3d starts up.

1. I have 5 assigned joystick controllers setup up in CONTROL options ( 3 used via Prosim737 software and a Saitek DASH and Mouse set outside the Prosim737 System configuration.
2. I removed all the Key Assignments and Axis assigments for the Joysticks going through the Prosim737 software so that there is no conflict when used within P3d as Prosim required for the Joystick Controller to be unchecked within P3d Options for Joysticks COntrollers. I did not uncheck it but madde my on connfiguration to remove all assignments for them but left the Saiteck Dash assigned.
3. The Saitek Dash is configured with Key Assigment and Axis assignments.
4. This configuration is then Exported and saved
5. Everytime I restart P3d for a new flight, the Defaulted Joystick assignment is setup and I have to Import the saved Configuration file once again before I carryout a flight otherwise there are conflicts with my ProSIm assigned settings.

Is there any way I can set up the Config file that I exported as a default on each start of P3d so that I dont have to keep importing my saved Joysitck configuration? Where is the Joystick Default Configuration file stored? Can I edit it to save my new Joysitck configuration settings?

Thanks,
Regards Chris

wsuch

Re: Setting up a Joystick Configuration to start up as a default when P3d Starts up

Postby wsuch » Sun May 03, 2020 1:04 pm

Hi Chris

Easy enough I have a profile for each plane that I run to configure all the different hardware devices, let me know if you still need this and I can send you my batch files to give you an idea how i do it, I use a combination of FSUIPS and the necessary P3D config files and swap them out by running a batch file for each plane, IE prop,jet ,etc

Cheers Wayne

Sabretooth78

Re: Setting up a Joystick Configuration to start up as a default when P3d Starts up

Postby Sabretooth78 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:46 pm

A batch file as Wayne indicates would work; also SimStarter (payware) provides this functionality as well. I use it to activate/deactivate joystick vs. yoke depending on whether its an Airbus or a Boeing day.

Return to “Miscellaneous”