Beech Baron Fuel Sector Valves

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
djw4250@gmail.com

Beech Baron Fuel Sector Valves

Post by djw4250@gmail.com »

I am sure that I am misunderstanding how the P3D Beech Baron's fuel selectors work - therefore I am having trouble setting up my fuel selector switches to work in my sim - via MobiFlight/FSUIPC6.

There are two fuel valves in the Baron. Each of which have just three positions. OFF, ON and CROSSFEED.

As I have understood it, the left fuel selector is a fuel valve on the left wing's tank that is connected to the left engine; and the right fuel selector is a fuel valve on the right wing's fuel tank that is connected to the right engine. They are not selecting which fuel tank the engine can draw fuel from.

That's a bit obscure, so, to put it another way; Left tank to left engine, ON or OFF; and right tank to right engine, also ON or OFF; plus, the ability to allow fuel to flow between the tanks.

Is that right?

With this paradigm, I cannot choose which of the FSUIPC6 offsets are appropriate.
JorgenSA

Re: Beech Baron Fuel Sector Valves

Post by JorgenSA »

If that is indeed a P3D Beech Baron you have there, then you must have an older version of P3D.

If that is the case, then we must see if someone with that version can help out.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hello djw4250@gmail.com ,

Example:
Left crossfeed to crossfeed.
Both engines are using the right wing tank fuel.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
djw4250@gmail.com

JorgenSA wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 10:01 am If that is indeed a P3D Beech Baron you have there, then you must have an older version of P3D.

If that is the case, then we must see if someone with that version can help out.

Jorgen
Hi Jorgen.
To be precise, it's the Corenado B58T running in P3Dv5.4.
Yes, I'm not fussy about who offers to help me sort out my ideas, :)
David
djw4250@gmail.com

Martyson wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:25 pm Hello djw4250@gmail.com ,

Example:
Hi Martyson
Yes, exactly, that's how I think it works.
It's been precisely 30 years since I flew the Baron in Papua New Guinea so the memory of this detail is a bit sketchy.

So, to bring it in to the context of my DIY simulator, to enact your example, I would look to using the P3D Event "FUEL_SELECTOR_SET", 14.
And to set Right crossfeed I would employ "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_SET", 15.

To shut off the fuel from the left wing tank I would use "FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF" and to turn it on "FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT".
For the right wing tank: shut off using "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_OFF" and turn it on again using "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_RIGHT"

Has anyone else set up the Baron's fuel selector switches successfully?
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

David,

Have you asked the people at Corenado? For add-ons, the developer always should be the first point of contact...

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

djw4250@gmail.com wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 8:16 pm
Martyson wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:25 pm Hello djw4250@gmail.com ,

Example:
Hi Martyson
Yes, exactly, that's how I think it works.
It's been precisely 30 years since I flew the Baron in Papua New Guinea so the memory of this detail is a bit sketchy.

So, to bring it in to the context of my DIY simulator, to enact your example, I would look to using the P3D Event "FUEL_SELECTOR_SET", 14.
And to set Right crossfeed I would employ "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_SET", 15.

To shut off the fuel from the left wing tank I would use "FUEL_SELECTOR_OFF" and to turn it on "FUEL_SELECTOR_LEFT".
For the right wing tank: shut off using "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_OFF" and turn it on again using "FUEL_SELECTOR_2_RIGHT"

Has anyone else set up the Baron's fuel selector switches successfully?
Hello djw4250@gmail.com ,

For this test I used FSUIPC for assignments.
FSX Steam.
Default Baron.
On runway engines running.

I assigned one of my Saitek Buttons to :
Fuel Selector Right (from the FSUIPC dropdown list).

Now when I press the assigned Saitek Button the left fuel selector moves to Crossfeed (feeding fuel from the right wing tank).

See Screenshot.

Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
djw4250@gmail.com

I understand.
Consider the question answered.
Thank you.