Is there a way to detect if Prepar3D has been activated?

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
reimageworkflow

Is there a way to detect if Prepar3D has been activated?

Post by reimageworkflow »

I'm trying to create a prerequisite check for Prepar3D add-ons, which requires Prepar3D is installed and activated.

Is there a reg key or file that I can detect to determine if Prepar3D has been activated?
Geir Haukland

Re: Is there a way to detect if Prepar3D has been activated?

Post by Geir Haukland »

reimageworkflow wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 7:57 pm I'm trying to create a prerequisite check for Prepar3D add-ons, which requires Prepar3D is installed and activated.

Is there a reg key or file that I can detect to determine if Prepar3D has been activated?
Easy. When you start an unregistered p3d, you will be requested to put your credential in, like your key and your pass, if you dont, p3d will simply quit, it wont work without legal registration key .. Hope that helps
Asus Rog Strix - X570 Gaming - F - Ryzen 5 - 5500 @4.3GHz - Asus NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 OC 12GB - 16GB G.Skill TridentZ NEO@3200 MHz - Corsair CM750-750W - Corsair H100x Watercooling
mpni

Re: Is there a way to detect if Prepar3D has been activated?

Post by mpni »

Hi reimageworkflow
I think that the reg key or file to detect if P3D is installed and activated is a licence property.
So, you cannot have access to that.

But you can detect if P3D is installed by looking in
AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D vx
if Prepar3D.cfg file is present.

It seems that this location is totally independent of the installation of P3D and always at this place.

Regards
Michel