The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 (6.0.30) is now available. If enabled, you will receive a notification of the available update when starting Prepar3D. It can also be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
This patch will be a full update. The auto-updater will take care of the installation just like the patches, however, If you download manually you will only need to run Setup_Prepar3D.exe to install. This will remove the previous version automatically so you don’t need to manually uninstall prior like older versions of Prepar3D.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 contains the following changes:
- All fixes and updates from previous patches.
- Rendering system performance improvements.
- Slight reduction to cloud scatter to make the bottom of clouds less dark.
- Fixed texture UV wrapping issues at sloped airports.
- Various model texture fixes including the Piper, Tornado, CRJ 700, Ohio Class Sub, commercial airliners, countermeasures, ground vehicles, water helipads, and shacks.
- Fixed various autogen textures that were too dark.
- Fixed various water elevation issues.
- Fixed issue preventing custom weather themes from saving correctly.
- Fixed issue where legacy FailureActions would not load correctly due to missing ObjectReferences.
- Various scenery updates including KLAX, PACV, DC, Rome, North America, Europe, and Oceania.
- Fixed various water issues including European and Alaskan lakes.
- Fixed various issues with building density and generalization.
- Improved collision detection performance.
- Improved bullet collision fidelity.
- Added Camera Control UI in the Views menu to allow for easier camera manipulation and saving.
- Reduced default bloom values (requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg in %appdata% directory or running “Delete generated files” in the application directory).
- Fixed issue with flight plan file path being saved as an absolute path in fxml files.
- The flight planner UI is now available in SimDirector.
- Fixed issue where add-on text-to-speech voices would not select properly with dialog actions.
- Added separate day/night intensity control to dynamic lighting PDK. Added scalar for dynamic lights using legacy light PDK versions to increase intensity during the day.
Prepar3D v6 now supports automatic updates. This is enabled by default and checked on startup. If an update is available a prompt will show asking to download. Additionally, the update can be installed automatically after the download is complete. Otherwise, the update file will be available in the Downloads directory on your machine to install at a later time. Installing an update file does not require any additional steps except for having Prepar3D install the update after the download is complete or manually running the update .msp file. There are no longer client/content/scenery packages that need to be uninstalled prior to updating as in previous versions. Additionally, the update file will be available on the Prepar3D Downloads page. Checking for updates can also be done on the About screen.