The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 2 (6.0.28) is now available. If enabled, you will receive a notification of the available update when starting Prepar3D. It can also be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.
The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 2 contains the following changes:
- All fixes and updates from previous patches.
- Fixed issue preventing clouds from rendering when using weather SimConnect calls.
- Fixed issue causing cloud bottoms to be flat in some instances.
- Fixed issue preventing the menu bar from rendering on machines with 4 or fewer CPU cores.
- Fixed issue where manual adjustments to cruising altitude would be overwritten in some cases when using the flight planner.
- Texture and model fixes for the Maule, Mooney Bravo, Piper J-3 Cub, and various other air and ground vehicles including commercial airliners.
- Various airport background and elevation fixes.
- Information text is now white instead of red. Requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg file in %AppData% directory to take effect.
- Values in VolumetricClouds.cfg file are not used unless override is specified in the file. Delete the file in %ProgramData% directory to view the override.
Prepar3D v6 now supports automatic updates. This is enabled by default and checked on startup. If an update is available a prompt will show asking to download. Additionally, the update can be installed >automatically after the download is complete. Otherwise, the update file will be available in the Downloads directory on your machine to install at a later time. Installing an update file does not require any additional steps except for having Prepar3D install the update after the download is complete or manually running the update .msp file. There are no longer client/content/scenery packages that need to be uninstalled prior to updating as in previous versions. Additionally, the update file will be available on the Prepar3D Downloads page. Checking for updates can also be done on the About screen.