P3DV5 Personal

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D website and web apps.
richierich78

P3DV5 Personal

Post by richierich78 »

I've been doing some flying at a friend's house for a while, ready to take the plunge and buy Prepar3D. I have MSFS but it seems like not many of the jets he has, FSLabs, PMDG, QualityWings, iFly, etc., are available for MSFS yet (or maybe I just suck at searching).

Either way, I've read that some of the addons, like FSLabs, won't work in P3DV6. So, I want to buy V5. Problem is, the store page doesn't give me an option to buy V5 personal. Is that on purpose or a problem with the page or? Do I really need to spend $350 on the professional version or is the Personal version sufficient for a jetliner flier at home?
JorgenSA

Re: P3DV5 Personal

Post by JorgenSA »

Welcome to the crazy crowd of P3D enthusiasts!

Try to go here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

Scroll down a bit to Prepar3D v. 5, and on the right side you should see the "Academic License" version. That's the one you want.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.