GPS Data output

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
richlear

GPS Data output

Post by richlear »

Hi all,

Is there a way to access aircraft heading, speed, altitude data for analysis after a flight? I have found the Analysis tool and I have also seen programs like FSFS and others which connect and perform analysis. These are much too complicated for what I need. Ideally I would have an ascii file of position, heading, altitude & speed at 1Hz or similar. I want to be able to take that data and put it into excel to generate some graphs showing flight phases. I have seen there is a GPS broadcast facility and have captured some packets in wireshark but wondered if there is a cleaner way to achieve this?

BTW - There seem to be two different packet types, does anyone have a decode of the data ( I can see the lat/long but wondered about the other fields)

GPSPrepar3D v5,-3.015,56.452,6.3,270.52,0.0
GPSPrepar3D v5,-3.008,56.446,902.3,37.17,47.1

Thanks

Rich
gronden

Re: GPS Data output

Post by gronden »

Hi,

there is a tool called FS FlightControl that monitors the main aircrafts parameters during the flight (you can select many of them).

It not only directly creates graphs of selected data during the flight, but allow also to log them in text files and other formats.

Hope this helps.

KR

Joe