autogen view distance mis-match...

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
robnewman76

Post by robnewman76 »

Hello,

I think I may have tried asking this on another thread, but seeing as I have had no luck there, I thought I would try the more direct approach of creating a new thread.

Basically, I really feel the 2.3 is a wonderful program and it's perfect but for one "issue"... That being the fact that autogen buildings and autogen trees have completely different view distances.

It would appear that buildings are generated and drawn much further away than trees are. You can see from the screenshot below, the buildings on the far side of the river are displayed right up to the city limits but the trees "end" half way from the bank to the city limits. This clearly shows that the trees have a much lower view view distance than buildings.

It is as if the buildings now respect the LOD_RADIUS setting, but trees do not... Does the new tree system ignore LOD_RADIUS? If so, how can I change the settings so that the trees and buildings match each other? (It looks rather odd to see a city with no trees slowly "planting" them as I get closer ;) )

This issue also has a knock on effect with Orbx night lighting in as much as the lights are considered as "trees" and as such, the view distance of the Orbx night lighting is woefully low.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone who can help.

aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Coincidentally ...look in here...http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/ ... -distance/

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB