Managed window positions not saved in HF2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
MHargrove

Managed window positions not saved in HF2

Post by MHargrove »

I used saved scenarios a lot when flying long cross-country flights with numerous stops. Prior to HF2, the position of open, managed windows (such as the window for my RealityXP GTN 750) were saved with the scenario and restored to their saved position when the scenario was loaded. Since HF2 this is no longer true. The managed window is opened, but is positioned on the wrong monitor and is much smaller than the size it was when the scenario was saved.

The relevant section in the <saved flight name>.fxml seems to be:

Code: Select all

<Section Name="Panel.4">
            <Property Name="ScreenUniCoords" Value="0, 0, 1920, 4516" />
            <Property Name="UndocCoords" Value="4691, 339, 768, 1018" />
            <Property Name="Visible" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="Undocked" Value="True" />
            <Property Name="HiddenOn" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="Locked" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="NoUniPix" Value="False" />
            <Property Name="ID" Value="15751" />
            <Property Name="ViewsOn" Value="1" />
            <Property Name="Adapter_Number" Value="0" />
            <Property Name="ParentWindowTitle" Value="Reality XP GTN Unit 1 (managed)" />
            <Property Name="OriginalID" Value="15751" />
        </Section>

It's not clear to me from the explanation of "Universal Screen Coordinates" whether the calculated resolution-independent values are display-relative or some magical multi-display coordinate system. Many of the properties in the Panel.n section are not in any documentation I could find. Thus, I cannot tell if the UndocCoords values are reasonable or not -- which is just another way to say that I don't know if the problem here is that the scenario 'save' event is writing out improper values or if the scenario 'load' event is failing to honor the values in the .fxml file.

In any case, the window is not being restored to its proper location after HF2, but was restored to it's proper location with the original v5 release and after HF1.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
Sabre57

Re: Managed window positions not saved in HF2

Post by Sabre57 »

I have a similar issue. The std 530 and the atc windows are on the correct monitor but the position is incorrect.
I9-9900
32GB RAM
RTX 3090 FTW
Assorted SSDs and HDDs
3x55" TVs
Alpha/Bravo Honeycombs
SPAD.Next, ASV6
MHargrove

Re: Managed window positions not saved in HF2 [VERIFIED BUG]

Post by MHargrove »

I'm now sure the problem is that 'Load Scenario' isn't reading the values from the .fxml saved scenario file (or if it's reading them, it's not honoring them by placing the managed window in the right place).

I did an 'add window' from the window manager menu and then used the window size/location dialog to move the new window to the same coordiates as in my .fxml file -- the values in the .fxml are exactly right. I now also know the the 'Universal Screen Coordinates' are indeed somehow magically mapping across all plugged in monitors.
Mark Hargrove
Longmont, CO
Martyson

Re: Managed window positions not saved in HF2

Post by Martyson »

Are you using / testing saved flights created in earlier P3D versions?

How many monitors in your setup?

For example, only two monitors in Windowed mode?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)