How to separate AI and Flyable Aircraft

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
JoHubb

How to separate AI and Flyable Aircraft

Post by JoHubb »

I run a large number of AI planes and flightplans (AIG) in P3Dv4.5

AI and User planes are listed together when the sim is started and a plane has to be chosen.

Is there any way - whilst maintaining the integrity of the compiled .bgl files - that the AI planes can be easily identified or left off the list completely?

At the moment it is difficult to separate an AI A320 from a User flyable one without running the sim.

John
JorgenSA

Re: How to separate AI and Flyable Aircraft

Post by JorgenSA »

You can easily have the AI planes in their own folder.

In all AI aircraft, make sure the panel and sound folders are removed, and the panel= and sound= lines are taken out of the aircraft.cfg files, then they will not show up.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
obinder

Post by obinder »

Hi,

the P3D spec defines the parameter "IsSelectableVehicle=true/false" for the aircraft.cfg file:

Learning Center -> Software Development Kit (SDK) -> Simulation Objects -> Aircraft Configuration Files -> [general] and [fltsim.n]

That being said, I think that the parameter doesn't work in V5 (it did in all versions of V4 though).

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI
JoHubb

Post by JoHubb »

Thanks, Jorge and Oliver,

I added "IsSelectableVehicle=false" parameter under [general] in aircraft.cfg. I'm using v4.5.

This has the advantage of removing all the liveries of a particular AI plane at a stroke.