Long Loading times !

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
mikee

Long Loading times !

Post by mikee »

Hello ,

I am running Prepar3DV4.5 ( plus hotfix ) and everything was Smooth up to Now with no problems ! Today I tried to load a flight and choose a different Aircraft from my Selection favourite list !

It took approximately 2 min. for the aircraft to load !!! Then I tried to choose a different aircraft and still the same long loading time !! I then exit flight sim. and start it again , choosing a different flight with a different plane ! It took again 2 min. to load the aircraft !

Any Idea what is going on ? I never had such an issue before the hotfix or with any other versions of Prepar3d !

LightningP38

Re: Long Loading times !

Post by LightningP38 »

Has there been some discreet update on your OS or something like that? You could check whether there's a process running in the background while you're playing as well; sometimes, games and other software like to download updates without telling the user first, which results in a catastrophic drop of performance from your computer without any way to guess where it comes from as long as you don't check what's running in the background.
mikee

Re: Long Loading times !

Post by mikee »

Hello and thanks for you reply !

I have a feeling that my issue was caused by the use of PTA ! Today I deleted my Shaders and they were recompiled on the next run of P3D . ( I am Also Using Rex Environment Force ) maybe those two were in conflict with each Other !
I checked my loading time and the problem was still there … long loading times !
I then Installed a couple of Planes , and all of a sudden the loading issue was gone and loading times were back to normal (2 sec.)
I have No Idea what happened and why I had such a weird issue !

Thanks again ,
Mike