[RESOLVED] New computer, not sure how to switch P3D over.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
N697DT

[RESOLVED] New computer, not sure how to switch P3D over.

Post by N697DT »

I currently have an Asus i7-2660, 3.4 ghz, 12Gig RAM, GTX 1050Ti, with an SSD that Windows 10 and P3D v4.4 are installed on. It also has a 1TB hard drive with not much on it. '
My new computer is an Asus i7-7700, 3.6 to 4.2 ghz, GTX 1050, 16 Gig RAM and a 1TB hard drive. No SSD.
So I'm wondering how to take my current ssd and install it to the new computer. I know you can't just unplug it from one and plug it in the other and take off flying. I also heard I would need to install all of my flight software back on the ssd once in the new computer. I have a lot of add-ons. And can I just swap the GTX 1050 out of the new computer into the old computer while taking the 1050Ti out of the old to the new. I really don't have many files I care about saving as I mainly use my desktop for P3D v4.4 Any suggestions? Thanks
Poppet

Re: New computer, not sure how to switch P3D over.

Post by Poppet »

N697DT wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:25 pm with an SSD that Windows 10 and P3D v4.4 are installed on
So I'm wondering how to take my current ssd and install it to the new computer. I know you can't just unplug it from one

Hello N697DT

You will need to at least uninstall \ deactivate the Prepar3D v4 Client before Installing your current SSD into your new computer. After this you can then reinstall and activate the Client again.

Please see the topic below for more Information

Let us know how you get on

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=130807

---

Note: Also, When making major changes to your computer (as you are) you will need to uninstall any Prepar3D Add On or Windows App software that has a license attached to it, to save you running into activation Issues.
N697DT

Re: New computer, not sure how to switch P3D over.

Post by N697DT »

Thanks Poppet. I deactivated my p3D Client and my PMDG, A2A, etc.