To upgrade or not to upgrade

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
jscharpf

To upgrade or not to upgrade

Postby jscharpf » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:41 am

Sorry this is not a specific support question, more of a poll of users. Do you always upgrade every time a new version comes out or do you wait?
The reason I ask is that I have a payware weather program that works with 4.1,4.2,4.3. Now that I upgraded, it won't work unless they upgrade their package. I'm ok with this but since this seems like it will happen every time I upgrade Prepar3D, I'm wondering if most you upgrade right away, and if so, do you do an incremental or a full re-install?
Is there something to be missed if I were to "skip" the next few versions?

I tried to follow the instructions for going from 4.3 to 4.4 and nothing worked, the game crashed, so I just uninstalled the entire package, and re-installed the game from scratch (now 4.4), then I realized some of my add on stuff doesn't work, doh!!

If you're happy how your game is running, do you just stay with a certain version?

Looking for peoples experiences with keeping the game updated and add on packages.

Jeff

Return to “Miscellaneous”