[RESOLVED] p3d v4.4 default airplanes will not load

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
odaber

[RESOLVED] p3d v4.4 default airplanes will not load

Postby odaber » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:24 pm

When starting P3D v4.4 after updating from v4.3 to v4.4 Client and content, I get the following Message: "Vehicle initialization has failed for: F-22 Raptor-525th Fighter Squadron. You will now be placed in vizualization-only mode". I have nailed my problem to the New Client-part after many ways of settings and trials. Client for v4.4 simply won't load any default airplanes. Not any of my over 100 planes will load. They are situated as they were in v4.3 simObjects/Airplane-folder. The folder is complete with all my airplanes in my airplanes-folder intact as in v4.3. Only some helicopters, avatars and bought planes are shown in the catalogue. I tried a solution with only IRIS default F-22 in my airplanes-folder with v4.3 Cont and 4.4 Client and failed. My many airplanes will simply not be shown. They have simply disapeared from my list in the game 4.4. I have tried all the tips Elaine has given in Avsim on a similar problem, without any success! I'm back to my good old v4.3, but I would very much like to have the upgrade to 4.4! Please help!

With regards

Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: p3d v4.4 default airplanes will not load

Postby Rob McCarthy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:38 pm

Hello,

I would recommend doing a full upgrade running setup.exe instead of just the client. First run the "Delete Generated Files" shortcut in the Prepar3D application directory. This will ensure Prepar3D will generate clean versions of these after the upgrade. Then completely uninstall Prepar3D and ensure the application directory is fully deleted. If add-ons modify or add files to this directory they will remain after the uninstall. If there are third party aircraft here after the uninstall feel free to move them to another location temporarily. Then do a clean install of Prepar3D and run the application before installing any add-ons or moving these vehicles back to ensure the install performed correctly and the application is running as expected. Then introduce your add-ons and you'll be able to narrow down if one or more is not compatible with v4.4. If you do run into issues with any of these please contact the developers so they can help resolve the problem.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead

odaber

Postby odaber » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:32 pm

I really hope I will not have to do what you suggest. It's just too much work for an update. When everything works fine in 4.3, I really don't understand what can go wrong when updating to 4.4. There must be a detail I have overseen,- or perhaps P3D in the downloading prosess,- a noncompatible file or so, concerning loading or the Aircraft-folder????

With regards

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Postby Poppet » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:50 am

Hello odaber

How are you getting on now, have you managed to resolve your situation ?

Let us know how you get on

odaber

Postby odaber » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:58 am

No, I have not solved my problem and will stick to my trustworthy v4.3 so far until someone has come up with a solution. It seems to be a problem with a file in my Airplanes-folder that hinders that folder to open in v4.4. Though I must admit my Aiplanefolder is big, 52 GB, 80 000 files and 2 242 subfolders. So I really has not got time to spare to eliminate each file. I still find it very strange that this problem only occurs in 4.4, Client, when everything is perfect in 4.3. I have used every available recomendations you have come up with so far, Poppet, with no success.

With regards
Odaber

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Postby Poppet » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Hello odaber

I was just reading your topic below. As well as the SimObjects \ Aircraft folder most 3rd party Aircraft Install into numerous default Prepar3D folders as well, So if you have many Add On aircraft Isolating the Issue may be difficult.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5462 ... -not-load/

You have tried all the usual ? Regenerating (Deleting) the following files

1) SimObjects.cfg

2) VehicleFavorites.xml

3) Prepar3D.cfg file

---

You could also try deleting these two blue files at the location below, Then launch Prepar3D and test, This will not effect your Add Ons

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Local ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D Prepar3D_Default.fxml \ Prepar3D_Default.wx

---

Also your default Airplanes Entry should look like this in the SimObjects.cfg file

Carefully copy and paste this entry in, Ensure you then Save it
[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True

Let us know how you get on

odaber

Postby odaber » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 pm

At last I succeeded in opening my airplane-folder in SimObjects v4.4.
I copied from Poppet's advise and passed this entry in SimObject.cfg inspite I had it written correctly:

[Entry.0]
Title=Default Airplanes
Path=SimObjects\Airplanes
Required=True
Active=True

Then I deleted:
1. SimObjects.cfg
2. VehicleFavorites.xml
3. Prepar3D.cfg file
4. Prepar3D_Default.fxml and Prepar3D_Default.wx
5. Shaders
6. Prepar3D v4 Files
7. Deleted Generated Files

I think the clue lies in the written texture in simobjecs.cfg, as mentioned elsewhere and to delete generated files.
Thank you ever so much, Elaine!!!! You are a true Wizzard!!

Return to “Other Support Questions”