P3d V4.2 repeatedly crashing on approach to SEQM

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
MagyarMatt

P3d V4.2 repeatedly crashing on approach to SEQM

Postby MagyarMatt » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:54 am

Flying from EHAM to SEQM in the PMDG 777. Other addons include orbx South America LC. Rex skyforce. Active sky, pro atc x, PTA.

No error message it just freezes followed by a not responding. Tried setting it up again from the same location. Plane flew for 5 more mins and then the same freeze again. Not experienced anything like this anywhere else.

Martyson

Re: P3d V4.2 repeatedly crashing on approach to SEQM

Postby Martyson » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:04 pm

Flying from EHAM to SEQM in the PMDG 777. Other addons include orbx South America LC. Rex skyforce. Active sky, pro atc x, PTA.

No error message it just freezes followed by a not responding. Tried setting it up again from the same location. Plane flew for 5 more mins and then the same freeze again. Not experienced anything like this anywhere else.
I would try a test flight departing from SEQM, go to holding then shoot the ILS?

Do you still freeze/crash?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

MagyarMatt

Postby MagyarMatt » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Just tried the same route again and the same happens again as soon as I approach the IPI waypoint!

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:31 pm

Just tried the same route again and the same happens again as soon as I approach the IPI waypoint!
What happens when you try a test flight departing from SEQM, go to the holding pattern and then shoot an approach to land?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

MagyarMatt

Postby MagyarMatt » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:21 pm

I tried loading up a flight with the plane starting near that waypoint. It flew for a minute or two and then the same thing happened.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm

I tried loading up a flight with the plane starting near that waypoint. It flew for a minute or two and then the same thing happened.
Near which waypoint?

Did you test with a default aircraft?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

MagyarMatt

Postby MagyarMatt » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:31 pm

The IPI waypoint. I was using the PMDG 777. Haven't tried with a default aircraft.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:33 pm

The IPI waypoint. I was using the PMDG 777. Haven't tried with a default aircraft.
Did you depart from SEQM, go to the holding pattern and then shoot an approach to land?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

MagyarMatt

Postby MagyarMatt » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 pm

Haven't had time to fly a test route in a default plane to this airport yet and I'm off on holiday for a few weeks tomorrow. what I have noticed is a problem with the ICAO codes. In sim it in SEQU whereas for the PMDG 777 and in real life it is now SEQM. The sim seems to be using an old ICAO code. Could this be the cause of the issue?

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:38 am

Haven't had time to fly a test route in a default plane to this airport yet and I'm off on holiday for a few weeks tomorrow. what I have noticed is a problem with the ICAO codes. In sim it in SEQU whereas for the PMDG 777 and in real life it is now SEQM. The sim seems to be using an old ICAO code. Could this be the cause of the issue?
I did not ask you to do a test route/flight in a default aircraft to SEQM.
I was asking if your last test was in a default aircraft.

I had asked : Did you depart from SEQM, go to the holding pattern and then shoot an approach to land?
This would have been in the PMDG aircraft.

Anyway.
I assumed you had SEQM scenery or your own airport modifications when you posted your original problem.

Have a good holiday ... tune in again in a few weeks when you return.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Other Support Questions”