Saitek X56 HOTAS FCS and v4.2.x compatiblity

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
n9nu

Saitek X56 HOTAS FCS and v4.2.x compatiblity

Postby n9nu » Fri May 18, 2018 3:55 am

Hello

I am trying to confirm whether or not the Saitek (now Logitech) X-56 HOTAS FCS is fully compatible with P3D v4.2.x....either with the included programming software OR with 3rd party software like FSUIPC.

Tnx

Tim
ARS N9NU

P.S. For some reason I had to re-register for the forums here. I would not let me log-in or send me a 'lost password' email even though I remember my password...LOL

My old screen name was: N944LA
-----------===== ARS: N9NU | Gamer Tag: Reactor-Critical =====--------
----------- QTH: Sandwich, IL - WoodLake Landing - Unicom: 122.80MHz - ICAO: IS65 -----------

MikeB54

Re: Saitek X56 HOTAS FCS and v4.2.x compatiblity

Postby MikeB54 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:32 am

I don't have the X-56 but I do have the X-55. I do not use the Saitek programming software. Whatever I can't do within the P3D controller settings I do with FSUIPC.

One caution, though. In the P3D controller settings, even though it identifies each component correctly as Saitek Stick and Saitek Throttle, it maps them the same. You have to go into each one and make sure the functions are mapped corectly. For example, the stick will have an axis mapped as the throttle and the throttle will have axis' mapped to the ailerons and elevators. If you have any weird behavior, double check your mappings.

Mike

n9nu

Postby n9nu » Fri May 18, 2018 4:42 pm

Hi Mike

Tnx for the reply. Okay...so they both show up correctly in P3D, however, the assignments are duplicated as the same or reversed...LOL. Okay. Thanks for that info. It would be nice if it would work natively and/or with the Saitek/Logitech software, however, as long as it can be sorted out like you did with FSUIPC that's okay with me.

The 55 & 56 are damn near identical. Yours is green and mine is blue and I am sure there are a few small differences as well. I had a 55 and sold it as I needed the $$ for bills at the time (a few years ago) and ended up getting the 56.

Did you get the split throttle to work okay with FSUIPC? I heard there was some issue with that earlier...it might have be using the P3D control options themselves

Will be sure and double check that for sure. Thanks again Mike

Tim
ARS N9NU
WoodLake Landing - IS65
----------- QTH: Sandwich, IL - WoodLake Landing - Unicom: 122.80MHz - ICAO: IS65 -----------

MikeB54

Postby MikeB54 » Fri May 18, 2018 10:55 pm

The split throttles work fine with the normal P3D control assignments. You don't need FSUIPC for that. All you have to do is assign the left throttle to Engine 1 Throttle Axis and the right throttle to Engine 2 Throttle Axis.

Mike

n9nu

Postby n9nu » Sat May 19, 2018 8:25 pm

Tnx Mike for the information. Next on the list is a pair of rudder pedals.

This is what I had many years ago...I think they are the best...they actually pivot around the center brace...so you have forward/backward movement, however, they have two cables with the classic 15 pin gaming/joystick connector. I gotta see about an adapter. If I can get a hold of one, I am going to buy the only pair I see on eBay. LOL

Tim

ejoiner

Postby ejoiner » Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:41 pm

Did you guys ever get this solved? I have exactly the same problems with my X-55 HOTAS throttle. I do have registered FSUIPC v5. I tried using that and still no joy.

BLB

Postby BLB » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:42 am

Hello, I have the X56 Saitek Joystick and it's fonctionning very good ;)

Return to “Hardware Specific Questions”