[RESOLVED] P3Dv4 upgrade question

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
cbreeze

[RESOLVED] P3Dv4 upgrade question

Postby cbreeze » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:48 pm

Greetings,

Just tried upgrading my Academic P3Dv4 to 4.2.21.24048. Followed the instructions but when I access the sim and check the version it reads 4.1.7.22841. Can't figure out how this is possible after the upgrade. Per the instructions, I uninstalled P3Dv4 content then downloaded 3 files (cont1, cont2 and install Content.msi). Are you supposed to uninstalled Client? if so, doesn't mention that in the instructions. I am running Win 10. When I go into control panel and right click on P3Dv4 content, it shows version 4.2.21.24048. Can't figure out what is going on. Can you please help me?
Thank you,

cbreeze

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3Dv4 upgrade question

Postby Poppet » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:30 am

Hello cbreeze

The Client update component is the primary update and all that is required to update Prepar3D v4 to a more recent version.

The Content and Scenery components are optional updates.

Please see This Topic for steps to update Prepar3D v4 using the update component Installers

Also follow this link for a video tutorial https://youtu.be/rTvuZi0NpAk

Let us know how you get on

dmatthieu2

Postby dmatthieu2 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:25 am

Adding on to this post ....after I updated ...i've noticed that now i cannot scroll around the aircraft (locked spot or spot) with the Numlock keypad anymore....Is this a glitch, or is there a config that was turned off?

cbreeze

Postby cbreeze » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:53 am

Greetings,

Updated the Client component and everything works great now. Successful upgrade to 4.2. !!!!!!!!!

dmatthieu2,

I experienced no issues after my upgrade. Are you using FSUIPC? If not, I highly suggest you use it. I recently installed it and configured my joystick its a must have utility for flight simmers. Also no issues. I am able to scroll around the aircraft using the buttons and hat on my joystick with no problems. I'll try the keypad when I use the sim again tomorrow.

cbreeze

Poppet
Lockheed Martin

Postby Poppet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:49 am

Adding on to this post ....after I updated ...i've noticed that now i cannot scroll around the aircraft (locked spot or spot) with the Numlock keypad anymore....Is this a glitch, or is there a config that was turned off?

Hello dmatthieu2

Please reference this post by Rob McCarthy for more Information

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 30#p175454

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”