ATC window greyed and not active

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
jpmclees

Re: ATC window greyed and not active

Post by jpmclees »

Hours old clean install of 4.2 with only AS16 and Skyforce added. Sim worked fine, ATC too for a dozen or so mini test flights. As soon as I used the flightplanner, my ATC greyed out. Simple explanation here. There is a bug in 4.2. No doubt about it.
jhaley101

Post by jhaley101 »

11 pages of feedback. LM, how about some idea regarding a time line for a fix.

Patch it or are we waiting for months for 4.3?
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

Running W7 I actually only started having this problem after installing the following Windows updates 2 days ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x335yzdwr48k ... y.jpg?dl=0
Dave Opper
ESSB
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

jhaley101 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:38 pm 11 pages of feedback. LM, how about some idea regarding a time line for a fix.

Patch it or are we waiting for months for 4.3?
I did ask on the last page for a bit of detail around what was causing it but ...... i dont know how long 4.3 is away but this, the sim connect buffer issue and a few other things need attention. In the olden days, Microsoft would also fix in the next version (in a few years) also.

Sometimes I remember back to the horrors of ATP : https://archive.org/details/msdos_Fligh ... Pilot_1990

Although old school, it honed my IFR skills (as the display was SO LO RES, PFR (Pixelated Flight Rules)) a decade before I flew for real.
Daveo

Post by Daveo »

My temp fix which so far has been holding was to first reinstall simconnect v 61259.
Created a new default flight and saved this with power and avionics on and a functioning ATC window open.

This is almost reminiscent of the FSX problem where the marker tone would not turn off in certain aircraft unless
a new default was created/saved with it turned on and then off.
Dave Opper
ESSB
sw34669

Post by sw34669 »

i remember that .. and we still have the engine sounds after shutdown on certain aircraft that you need to hit q twice to clear. Still, having no OOMs these days is very cool.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Thanks for all your feedback.

As this issue will be fixed in the next release, I am locking this thread.

Thanks again for your assistance and dedication to helping us fix this issue.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer