Platform related Questions

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
JamesChams

Post by JamesChams »

Lockheed-Martin (LM) Staff,

1. At what point in your dev.-cycle will the "rain", "water", and "wind" effects catchup to your cloud and shadow enhancements? Is this even in the pipeline?

2. Is there planned support for Thrustmaster's HOTAS Cougar and TM's Cougar MFD's in future P3D hardware compatibility lists?

3. Concerning version choices - Would like an Pro/academic version for use at home as a certified FTD as well as a DEV license to do my own work to existing or future projects; what choices should I be making for purchase? Do I need two different versions of P3D for purchase or just one license will do for both needs?

Thank you for your time and attention.

Saul

Post by Saul »

Hi James,

Unfortunately license questions aren't allowed on the forum. http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=3750

This is because many people think they understand the EULA and give advice upon their assumptions but it may not be entirely accurate.

The latest details on certification should be found from your countries Air Authority Organization's website.

Usually most countries require professional usage licenses for both hardware and software. That includes any addon, aircraft, scenery or traffic you may use.

Regards,

Saul.

JamesChams

Post by JamesChams »

Thank you Saul for your response...

1. I saw that shortly after I had posted but didn't find the answer to wheather I needed to purchase a commercial and developer license or not; perhaps I will need to call your sales support to obtain the correct answers to my question.

2. I am aware of the FTD hardware certification requirements and have the appropriate gear already, but I wanted to know the answer to these specific hardware which I happened on by chance while looking at your SDK (see attached);

... The TM Cougar MFD's compatibility is still unknown if you or someone might be able to shed some light on that?

3. Most important was question 1. At what point in your dev.-cycle will the "rain", "water", and "wind" effects catchup to your cloud and shadow enhancements? Is this even in the pipeline?

Again, Thank you for your time and attention.