Vertical contrails

For all topics that don't fit into another category. Note that we cannot promise that any of these posts will be responded to by our development team.
John York

Vertical contrails

Post by John York »

Does anyone know if something is being done about these. They're driving me round the bend!

John
Snave

Re: Vertical contrails

Post by Snave »

They are usually added when you install a non-P3D compliant addon.

Perhaps you can provide more information so we can establish whether it's a `sim` problem or a `you` problem.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
ROBERT DUNN 2

Post by ROBERT DUNN 2 »

Snave is correct (as always). We at the msFLIGHTS.net community have had great success solving this vertical con trail problem with non-P3D specific add on aircraft. A similar fix is known for vertical wakes on older water craft add ons (our community likes lots of AI shipping). The fix requires .cfg file editing and is specific to various classes of older add ons.

I encourage you to post your specifics in the msFLIGHTS.net forum under "Tech Chat" forum, "Simulators-P3D" forum or "General Discussion" forum. You are also welcome to log onto our TeamSpeak at ts3.msflights.net and ask for help vocally. We have a reputation of being a helpful and knowledgeable bunch of pilot-geeks and I'm sure we can assist you if you don't get your answers here in the always knowledgeable P3D forum.
Respects, Bob...
ROBERT DUNN 2
RSDunn2@msflights.net
Snave

Post by Snave »

Good advice from Robert. Actually, GREAT advice.

As users install addons and user-elected modifications, you move further and further away from the base platform, which is this forum's role to support.

If it's the addon that causes the problem, it is not possible for us to provide specific advice - and especially not when the poster cannot present their issue in a format that allows the learned and knowledgeable to be able to advise without first asking a bunch of unnecessary questions - `unnecessary` in the sense that there ought to be a reasonable expectation on the part of those assisting - developer OR user - to have that information supplied as part of a clear statement of the issue and what has already been done to cure it. Remember, most of the support supplied here is actually from the KUB (Knowledgeable User Base) with fewer than 1 in 10 posts being answered by the Devteam...

John has done nothing to tell us:
1: His OS
2: Hardware and driver specs
3: whether this is default installation
4: if not, ALL addons installed
5: What steps have already been taken to solve the issue - i.e. removal of addons, modification of files or folders, use of the search function to find related or similar issues, etc. etc.

Without that information we cannot assist, no matter how much anyone protests.

I have debated with the moderators that, to set a yardstick for successful, quick and effective troubleshooting and a de-cluttered forum to benefit EVERYONE, all requests for information that don't contain at least that basic level of information should be locked, with the poster invited to re-post after they've added the pertinent data. That way the inconvenience is with problem holder, not with those voluntarily offering to resolve it or the devteam utilising valuable office hours that could be put to development to having to seek basic information.

Until the inundation of the forum with inane posts that simply CANNOT be answered drives them to this, or similar measures, I think Robert makes a great suggestion: If it's a non-standard installation, post somewhere else.

When the `somewhere else` claims or confirms it's a `L-M issue to solve`, then post here, with an appropriate cross-reference to the topic in that other forum.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...