Dutchess Just Flight

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
n3m4x

Post by n3m4x »

Hello

I just bought the Just Flight flying club Dutchess and now i am trying to use it with Prepar3d 2.0 but the virtual cockpit isnt showing, 2d cockpit doesnt have working instruments and where the exterior is there is just red text saying LICENSE EXPIRED.

All i did was copy the plane folder from FSX simobjects into Prepar3d folder. Anyone know how to get this working with prepar3d?

I would really appreciate any help since my Multi engine commercial checkride is coming up in 2 weeks and its in a Dutchess tailnr N1804S.

minime

Post by minime »

You also have to copy the gauges that are in /gauges and the effects from /effects.

Also there is probably a license file somewhere you did not copy.

You need to install the plane directly into the Prepar3d folder, then it will copy ALL the files that are needed.

The best idea is to contact the developer of that aircraft and ask for help, because LM will only provide support for Prepar3d. Is that plane even supposed to be installed in Prepar3d?
n3m4x

Post by n3m4x »

Thanks for you input minime.

I figured it out now. I bought FSX TO PREPAR3D MIGRATION TOOL and then installed the plane and after that the plane worked like a charm. This program is a must have for simmers.

And there she is:

Snave

Post by Snave »

Prepar3d is not for simmers.

Are you sure you are aware of, and following, the EULA?

Perhaps you need to clarify your suitability for the P3D product?

And I have yet to discover ANY product that needs this payware tool to install into P3D from an FSX installer.

The only `migration` here is separating a wallet, from the cash within it... a simple operation makes P3DV2 suitable for FSX=specific installers, and the freeware registry tool from Flight One allows even complex installers with licences or corroborative download routines to install, even where a joint installer ins't available.

No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from Snave on February 2, 2014, 04:42

Prepar3d is not for simmers.

And I have yet to discover ANY product that needs this payware tool to install into P3D from an FSX installer.

What do you mean with Prepar3d is not for simmers? It's a simulation engine... lol?

You know, not everyone wants to dig into the folder structure of Prepar3d and hack his way through. So while maybe the product itself does not require this tool, some users do require this tool to do it all for them automatically, because they cannot do it themselves manually.

So this tool is very useful for a lot of people, and thus they should buy it if they need and want it.

Obviously for someone that knows Prepar3d the tool is useless, but just because YOU do not need a crutch to walk that does not mean crutches are useless.
Snave

Post by Snave »

The limitations as to suitable users is defined in the EULA - the one YOU agreed to in order to download and install the product. If you do not meet the criterion then I refer you to FSX.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
minime

Post by minime »

Quote:
Quote from Snave on February 2, 2014, 07:33

The limitations as to suitable users is defined in the EULA - the one YOU agreed to in order to download and install the product. If you do not meet the criterion then I refer you to FSX.

It's not your job to decide who is eligible to buy which Prepar3d license and which addons they are allowed to install into Prepar3d. And from his first post he obviously IS using Prepar3d according to the EULA: -> since my Multi engine commercial checkride is coming up in 2 weeks

Also with the current EULA about any human living on this planet can buy a license for Prepar3d. If you don't qualify for academic you can get professional or in any case developer if you can use a compiler or even if you want to learn to use a compiler in the future.

There also are tons of FSX addons you can install into Prepar3d without violating any EULA. Those addons either require the above tool or knowledge about how to install addons into Prepar3d manually.

So what exactly is your problem?

I mean... are you just trying to make people feel miserable? That's a serious question, because I read a few of your other posts in this forum.
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Snave,

Don't start. Just don't. Your tendency to start trouble in forums has gotten you banned in other places, please... just stop.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
w113jdx

Post by w113jdx »

All we need to do is ignore replies like this. All they want you to do is reply just ignore

n3m4x

Post by n3m4x »

Passed my checkride yesterday :) Commercial Multi Engine Land w Instrument rating.
ananda

Post by ananda »

Quote:
Quote from n3m4x on February 25, 2014, 00:53

Passed my checkride yesterday :) Commercial Multi Engine Land w Instrument rating.

Congratulations 8-)

George