Airport Design Editor Updates

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
scruffyduck

Postby scruffyduck » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 am

A Happy New Year to everyone.

We have finally set up a single location where tips, tricks and tutorials for ADE can be found: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=137

We will collect all the tutorials here in future. If you know of any or have some of your own please let us know or add them to the forum!

We have also made some small updates to Bgl2Xml GUI and Simple Airport Scanner. In both cases these are now updated to support Prepar3D V2

soulmaril

Postby soulmaril » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:14 am

Hello Jon,

Thank you for making our life better by contributing with your outstanding ADE and other work as a modern Robin Hood of FS. You guys do great things, I really appreciate and want to understand someday how on earth you can know all this stuff beyond given information by creating the information itself.

I am looking for a way to read airport BGL files converting it to XML with my c# code (without cheating with BGL2XML :) ) so for starters I have some questions, I believe at least you may advise me a direction.

Is bgl2xml still open source?

Will the topic in FSDeveloper about the BGL file format be updated for the P3D2? (thanks to whom ever written it. I believe you may have contact)

Best Regards,

Ahmet

scruffyduck

Postby scruffyduck » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:18 am

Bgl2Xml is not open source. Actually it never has been. I think BglXml was open source but that has not been updated for many years. Bear in mind that the format for Bgl files is proprietary (I assume the Prepar3D guys have access to it but I have no idea)so updating it with something that may have been done recently could be an issue.

Also I wish you well in creating your own code to read Bgl files - I have been working with it for six or seven years and still don't know it all ;)

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”