Landclass / resample imagery - merging issues

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
LimeSim

Postby LimeSim » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:52 am

Hello,

I have some serious issues trying to merge custom landclass files and resample imagery in my Antarctica X scenery. Here's the structure:

- The continent is covered with a custom LC assignment file, converted with resample.exe

- On top of that are skiways/airstrips done with imagery, converted with resample.exe

I'm using the Prepar3D v2 SDK 2.0.9448.0 and Prepar3D 2.0.9448.0.

As soon as I activate the landclass BGL that should be shown with the imagery BGL on top it seems that landclass is "taking over" the further away you get (the higher the LOD is).

Strangely this is not the case when using the imagery BGL on top of the default worldlc.bgl only. Which leads me to the assumption that something might be different between the worldlc.bgl that comes with P3D v2 and those LC BGLs compiled with the latest resample.exe.

This might be less apparent in areas with more color variations in textures but in Antarctica this is a real dealbreaker.

LC01.jpg

LC02.jpg

BGLs and source files can be found here:

http://www.limesim.com/P3Dv2_LCTester.zip

The area is close to airport NZIR.

Any help about this issue would be highly appreciated! :)

Bests,

Sascha

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi Sascha, thanks for showing me with the example. I am curious, can you resample your add on land class tiles with a higher LOD than the default landclass (which is LOD 5) and see if that works?

LimeSim

Postby LimeSim » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:35 am

Hi Max,

Thank you for your reply.

Seems to me it is not possible to set any other LOD than 5. Just added "LOD = 10" to [Destination], everything compiled fine without errors but when I review the BGL in TMFViewer if will show LOD 5 only.

Bests,

Sascha

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Postby Max Perry » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Hi Sascha, thanks for trying that. I had a similar problem with low resolution imagery, but imagery allows to specify LOD = "2,16" so LODs 2 through 16 would get written for a low resolution image and overwrite the default.

I wanted to ask more questions because it'll be easier to track down fix in the future. Does this work in P3D 1.4 or FSX? If you have an FSX era resample.exe does it make a difference?

Return to “Scenery Development Questions”