SimConnect.xml Issue.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
cliff

Post by cliff »

Hi All,

I have just had to install a new SSD into our server machine in the sim we have built as the old one was too small for the scenery files. I wanted to start with a fresh install as well and move P3D from the default install to C:\Prepar3D\... as I have read that it works quicker etc.

So far so good however I have copied the SimConnect.XML file into the ..\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D folder and now it won't connect. Using the Diagnostics output to console it is not setting up the network connection as it did before so it's showing the IPv4 as 127.0.0.1 etc and not the settings from my SimConnect.xml file.

Any help please.

Cliff.
janvaane

Post by janvaane »

If you want to move an existing installation, try this one

http://janvaane.org/virtualfsx/?p=5674

but I think it's too late now.

|KLM149 | i7-8700k-16GB | Radeon RX580 8GB| flightsimeindhoven.com |
cliff

Post by cliff »

Thanks Jan but I needed a clean install as the old SSD drive was full of old crap anyway, I did think of just making a copy but decided against it. Just not sure what I have done wrong on this SSD to make it not work, putting the old one back in works fine so I know it's a setting somewhere but just can't find it.