black screen on startup hear sound ok.

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

Just purchased Prepard3d. installed all, :( went well. When i click to start the program all the loads go well(so it seems), but all I get is sound(an engine running) and a dark screen. I also have X-Plane and FSX installed. both work without a problem. Would really like to get this running.

Sys Specs

intel core i3-2100 cpu @3.10 mhz

16 gb memory

32 bit operating sys x64 based processor

gigabyte motherboard GA-Z68AP-D3

GIGABYTE AMD Radeon HD-6700 video card w/ 1 gb GDD5 DirectX 11 compat.

Samsung syncmaster E2420 Screen

Endyamon

Post by Endyamon »

By the way - 16GB RAM and 32bit OS ? really ? ;) I hope that only mistake ..

If also resolve the problem , I don't know, if your pc will have sufficient power for P3D :?
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

Didn't actually get what u were trying to say (mistake???) except that I need a new system. according to the specs it needs:

min Windows 7(32 bit) I have Win 8.1 (which in a sense is 7 glorified) the max they ask is Win (64 bit)

Ram min 2 gb better max 4 gb, I have 16gb???

my processor is 2 core i3-2100 @ 3.10ghz max is 4 core

video card AMD radeon with 1gb GDDR5 max better 2gb GDDR5.

I am a bit confused because I can run X-Plane 10 and FSX with no clitch and plenty of addons and plugins. Though I like X-Plane 10 there is just something missing for me that I see in Parpard3d so I want to get this thing going. are u saying that it can't run off the 32 bit windows platform, or is it my processor or something else
Snave

Post by Snave »

Have patience on start up. The game builds the shader folder on first start.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
Endyamon

Post by Endyamon »

In short .. If you have really 32bit OS - 16GB RAM you can drop . because your 32bit OS can use ONLY! 4GB-(3.24GB)RAM. Foundations of IT. Of course this does not apply to the problem of P3D

Anyway you have to manage big compromises in the settings to make it playable
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

I appreciate the quick response guys. Snave, I did leave out one important item. When I would click (keyboard or mouse) on the screen Prepard3d would crash. However I did decide to boot up in diagnostic mode to see what would happen. I was finally able to see the plane on the runway and make adjustment in the menu, but overall everything proved to be sluggish. Endyamon, compromises and tweaking just to get this running, not in the mood, so as you said make it playable, I decided to just install 64(bit) win on my other sys With new 4 core processor and video card (don't know which one yet) Which of cause will help plenty in addressing memory. My only concern is whether I can re-install the software to 64(bit) without being charge again. Thanks guys.
Endyamon

Post by Endyamon »

important! before install new OS, classically uninstall prepar3D for deactivated!

BTW: I hope that you understand, P3D is only 32bit software and therefore can use only 4GB RAM (3.24) despite the fact that you will have a 64bit OS ..;) but the difference is in the fact that these "4GB" will have a really available! depend on the setting P3D
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

:) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

Quote:
Quote from Hexman on August 24, 2014, 09:44

Good news all. Sat down with a few buddies who run FSX and X-Plane 10. We all agreed on one thing and that Prepard3d should run with the setup that I have even if a little sluggish. We started with MS to get every upgrade done. After that we opened the ATi manager for my video card, updated driver and tweaked every 3d animation performance we could to top level. After that went to control panel to check on monitor driver and settings. Found out that my monitor was not listed only the generic, which was still good to perform the task of Prepard3d. Re-install my monitor with updated driver. Cleaned up some unnecessary programs and did a little tweaking with regedit and Ccleaner. We started Prepard3d, keeping our fingers crossed, and lo and behold there it was plane on runway ready to fly. Now came the big challenge...performance. After making a few adjustments to my Seitek Pro equip we were ready to go. To our surprise there was no glitch, no sluggishness, it was fantastic. Couldn't ask for better. It was running just as good as my X-Plane 10, but graphics were a lot better. Now to see how FTX and the added new airbus will work. Little by little, but I am definitely going to upgrade my processor to i7. Endyamon, I am glad you mentioned that PD3 is only 32 bit software or else I would have never decided to look deeper into this problem. Thanks all, happy flying. : ]]]]

Hexman

Post by Hexman »

:D :P 8-)
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

A word of caution to anyone that has a setup like mine, don't get greedy. leave the default settings, especially the ones that hog up ram. I did add my airbus x extended/FS2crew without a problem, however when I increase my density of airport life, I chewed off more than the system could handle at this level. I should have just left it alone it was running good, but I needed to know. FTX will have to wait for my upgrade. Now to figure out how to reset the default file.
Hexman

Post by Hexman »

Thanks Endyamon you been an enormous in resolving this problem. You are a credit to this forum. Got the details on the default file. Cheers