Stuttering Scenery

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
fanblade

Post by fanblade »

Hi Team,

I have tried every single setting in P3D from the most basic setting to the most taxing. However one thing I have noticed there is very evident is every 7 seconds or so the scenery goes into micro stutters. this is also occurring with no AG.

Further I also get bad micro stutters when banking, my FSX system does not do this?

I run a pretty good set up I 7 2600 oc to 4.5 and a GTX 770 4gb and as I say I do not suffer with this at all in FSX with good medium setting third party airports and third party airliners.

At this time I cannot even think about adding anything to my P3D install as the stuttering effect is an emersion breaker for me. Could I ask if this has anything to do with not having NVidia driver support?

Not sure if anything can be done about it and not sure if I will retain your product yet. On a plus note the shadows are truly amazing.

Thank you
fanblade

Post by fanblade »

48 views and no one else sees this......I am the only one?
andrebr

Post by andrebr »

I have a similar system, and i'm getting good frames. Tested in Orbx Brisbahe scenery, and get smooth flying, very strange. I use Dense in all options
pmb

Post by pmb »

Here is something to try: I have a comparable system (not OC'd) and experienced bad stutters in 2.3, too, neither had them in 2.2. I could resolve this by a proper Affinity Mask Setting in prepar3d.cfg. Prepar3d 2.3 is programmed to use all cores by default which should be an optimum solution for most, but not all environments. I use 9 Saitek Flight Instrument Panels, driven via an exe driver in exe.xml. Obviously, these did not get enough resources (I could verify they were indeed responsible for stuttering). Removing one or two cores from prepar3d.cfg resolved the issue. Just Google for proper values, in case of a 4 core CPU (should apply to yours) and HT off in Bios, an appropriate value would be Affinity Mask = 14. There may be other external programs (Traffic etc.) reacting similarly.

This may or may not help in your case but might be worth a try.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
fanblade

Post by fanblade »

Pmb,

Thanks but have tried that along with Bufferpools too.

The problem is with using windows Aero and Vsynch.

LM please note, if you use Aero to reduce Vsynch tearing you get micro stutters every few seconds look at the scenery sideways and very much so in banking.

If you switch to a normal Windows desktop mode then the Vsynch tearing is back but the micro stutters are gone? I have tried this twice with the same result. Pleaes could you re visit this or would Nvidia applying a profile help. P3D is optimised for our hardware these days. but I can run FSX at big airports complex airliners without scenery stutters or banking issues, granted P3D is a much fully experience with shadows etc but it is not fun to fly with these niggling problems.

Many Thanks