Airport Design Editor_Taxiway Texture Problem

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
ebsloop

Post by ebsloop »

I saved and compiled my file with ADE; however, the taxiway did not change. All of the buildings and locations of the taxiway's changed. Any advice would be appreciated? I have read a few discussions with taxiway problems in this forum. I'm currently working on Fairchild International Airport in Port Angeles, WA.

This is what ADE looks like.

This is what Prepar3D looks like.

v/r

ebsloop
scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck »

So to be sure you changed to taxi link surface type in ADE but that did not get reflected in sim?
ebsloop

Post by ebsloop »

Yes. I selected the taxi surface.

I tested this in FSX and the cement taxiway was visible.

v/r

ebsloop

scruffyduck

Post by scruffyduck »

Which surface did not display?
ananda

Post by ananda »

You need to use "Lists -> Taxi Links" then click on "Reset All Draw Flags" then re-compile.

ebsloop

Post by ebsloop »

Thanks.

I'll try your suggestion and let you know what happens.

v/r

ebsloop

ebsloop

Post by ebsloop »

Amanda,

I tried your suggestion, but it didn't work.

v/r

ebsloop

yellowjacket

Post by yellowjacket »

I can confirm the Reset All Draw Flags in ADE works. I have many airports (over 350) that need the flags set to True so the taxiway and vehicle links show. My Atlanta scenery has 2,442 links and ADE reset everyone properly. I could have used XML to reset but then I would loose all the LC and WC polys that are in the ADE project file.

jvile
RCFlyer

Post by RCFlyer »

I just used ADE to fix some of the airport in Europe after installing the Orbx OLC for Europe. Does anyone know of a method or other software that will allow one to change all of the default airports taxiway flags? Doing them one by one is going to take a long time.

I am currently working on the UK. Perhaps if we all choose one country to change then provided the edited bgls for other to use, we could get the done allot quicker.

Just a thought.

Danny
ebsloop

Post by ebsloop »

I took a break from Scenery developement for a while; howeve, I've started again. I followed the suggestions listed above and I'm still not able to change taxi way or aprons to a different texture. I want to change them from asphault to concrete. I just did a new install of Airport Design Editor and still no change.

V/R

Ebsloop
ananda

Post by ananda »

Unfortunately you can only change apron and taxiway textures individually.

You could edit the xml file and change all surface="CONCRETE" to surface= "ASPHALT" then import the xml into ADE (or compile diectly with BglComp).