Max FPS aircraft config, >acf only?

For topics related to the creation of simulation objects (SimObjects). This includes development of aircraft, ground, and maritime vehicles.
clmartin0721

Post by clmartin0721 »

Hello all

Just wanted to see if anyone has used a aircraft file stripped of all textures and visuals. I am only going to be driving external hardware switches and interfaces via sim connect, and will never need any internal instruments or cockpit panels. Also wont need the aircraft skin foor external camera views. I am planning to use the A2A 172 and piper aircraft, and want to preserve the systems modeling without all of the "eye candy". :0

Is this as simple as deleting the textures, and commenting out the appropriate lines in the config files, or would the .mdl file need to be edited.

I am trying to eliminate every possible un-needed element from the system, to make it easier to tune and maintain.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Snave

Post by Snave »

That is absolutely not going to be possible with A2A models, as so much of the model is coded outside of the basic elements.

There are also visual `hooks` triggered by sim events, so all you will do with this approach is bugger things up. Royally.

You also cannot edit the .mdl file as you don't own it.

Best you could do is use low res textures as replacements, but you cannot remove ANY element.

Besides, nothing wrong with the fps of these aircraft, anyway.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
Fabo.sk

Post by Fabo.sk »

As A2A powers several Redbird simulators, I suppose this is (at least partially) possible. Maybe you should contact them directly to see what you can remove. Interfacing normally can be done by LINDA.