A PROBLEM IN TERRAIN TO RESOLVE

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

Actually I am not a developer but I have the P3D V2.210437.0 as academic version.

I devote many hours to know the program well and I've discovered a problem that I discuss here any expert study it and resolve it.

The shadows move in front of the plane and change. I thought that could be a problem of the Addon purchased and installed on my PC but the same thing happens on the stage by default LEMD.

I leave the pictures of the problem in the Addon and the stage by default.

The buyed Addon Problem:

The same problem in the scenary by default LEMD:

One more sample

If this topic is misplaced in this section please let me know in order to turn it to the right place.
ananda

Post by ananda »

Straight-edged clouds :?

timmo

Post by timmo »

I don't think this is a scenery problem, more likely a problem with your graphics card/drivers or settings.

Try turning cloud shadows off as a start and see if that resolves it. If so (and it's something you should do anyway), upgrade your graphics card drivers.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

OK, OK, design has a problem, but if we want shadows are of the clouds thus agree they are for the clouds.

I just show you a problem and if the developers want to solve it, well if they decide not to do that at some time somebody will realize and then will have to do it.

The Graphic Card is new. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 4 GB GDRR5 - GV-N67 (4GB, 4GB).

The first screenshot "cloud shadow" is perfectly square and always goes the same distance to move with the plane not with clouds in the sky.

Without being very observant a cloud shadow is seen with all 4 sides at 90 degrees. It is clear, are clouds's shadows of course. ...and yet the world turns... sorry but..

I forgot to say that my Simulator main at this time is the FSX and fly with P3D tooand it seems a special Simulator that if it has not passed to the FSX will do so soon. Never, I've never seen these shadows of clouds in the FSX and I have almost 2000 hours of flight. My IVAO VID is 330225 if someone wants it to check.

My intention is help and provide information.

timmo

Post by timmo »

Quote:
The Graphic Card is new. Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760 OC 4 GB GDRR5 - GV-N67 (4GB, 4GB).

Your graphic card may be new, but the drivers may not be up to date. It is often these that cause graphical problems like you are having.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

Thanks. I think I have installed the last one (335.23 March 15)so that it is a possibility that I didn't try so I'll try it and without any problem from my side I'll tell you the results.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

Looking for... This is the Last Driver. The other one is a BETA and I think it don't resolve the problem I detect.

Sorry, I prefer that Drivers be the solution.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

It is possible you know which is the problem but now, I do not want to tell me a solution nor free of charge or paying.Thank you very much for this intervention. I believed that the people of FSX and P3D were colleagues and helped. From my part I have always given support to colleagues who did not know personally and will continue to do so. What was certain is that it is not a problem of clouds.

Only by the emoticon it seems to detect a light scoffers tone but this way of communicating is very cold and everyone can interpret comments that want to be a joke as something more serious, and that's what happens to my with this post and certain comments. Sorry very much for that.

I just wanted to help to developpers and will resolve the problem if it is not a P3D design problem.

In any case, again, thank you for your notice in this regard.

redfourstar VID 330225 (IVAO net)

Snave

Post by Snave »

OK, then don't think about what information you need to provide. And do live with a problem that is likely easily solvable...

It is of no assistance to the developers to tell them of something that is wrong with your system, not their programme.

And especially not when you don't provide those details that might help others identify what that problem is.
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
BG2518

Post by BG2518 »

Simon

Have passed your reply through an English translator and found it to be exactly the same as what you typed, spot on - lol.
redfourstar

Post by redfourstar »

Hello again to all comrades. I come back because I think that the information that I have is important.(don't worry it is free)

I found the solution to the problem that I explained here. In my oponión is an effect not well managed in the design, as I said in my first Post.

You can see in the second photo that appears nothing of shadows.

In the part of shadow settings for System I always all unchecked possibilities.

Only in Prepar3D (Not for FSX) I had filled in the box two things, shadows of the land and I think, (I'm not sure) also the clouds thinking more in the sea than on land. Just as I have cleared them (unfilling each box of settings, image appears clean and perfect. In my case I speak of the Prepar3D v2 2.10437.0. You can try, each one, to be sure. This shows that my assertion that it was a design's , perhaps not very serious but it is enough to make the shadows unethical not to the level that has been already placed the Prepar3D V2 in our world.

This first screenshot is from the last flight in the morning, to be tested. You can see the shadows as normaly, so I decided a last attempt before reinstall Prepar3D. But this mornig I was suspecting what the problem was.

So, after unchek the settings Boxes, the shadows desapeared and the screen is clean of them. See the screenshot 2

WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Yeah... I run shadows without any of the display issues you are showing. So, I'm going to go out on a limb here and state there's something not quite 'right' about your system.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation