Lights - Aerosoft airports

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
rene_1st

Post by rene_1st »

Thanks to Wesley for stepping in. Today more data has been shared and we think that there will be solution, but it is NOT easy. We took a non standard way of handling things to get things done in a time when there was no P3D.

I also like to make clear that we do not sell those products as P3D compatible. If it works, great, but you did not buy the product as P3D compatible. Most of our new releases ARE sold as compatible (with the limitation that AES and AESlite are not included). We will selectively try to make older products compatible. But we are not a publisher/developer that handles one release a year (some do one every few years), we have more then one release a week (not all for FS). So it is hard for us to work backwards. We will try though. And as said Lockheed is very helpful. If MS would have been like this our favorite software would be in far better shape!

And Snave is Snave. In the 20+ years I handled forums I have never had a user that was so abrasive. He got superb knowledge and he has helped our customers numerous times with great advice. But I also never had a user that caused so much controversy. It was a fine balance and at least 25% of his posts were removed. In the end 75% of his posts were unacceptable and we banned him from our forums, just as he was banned from nearly any other forum earlier. A great loss, because we could all benefit from his comments.

Snave

Post by Snave »

Methinks they doth protest too much.

The centre of this universe is P3D, not Aerosoft. If their sceneries cause problems with the Platform, it's for them to fix.

Perhaps they shouldn't have been so shy about working with P3D in the first place, it's costing them customers, goodwill and money.

Then again, it's not costing LM anything, so who do you think has the imperative to sort it out, Rene?

Hopefully this is just another example of their increasingly moronic moderator behaviour and a judicious bit of forum editing will follow with a more pragmatic and conciliatory tone...

Next, we will be moving the Earth to get it out of the way of the asteroid... :)
No door is closed to an open mind.
Cats open doors...
pmb

Post by pmb »

I would fully support Rene's request. I am living in Germany and feel this issue should be sorted as quick as possible. I've invested hundreds of Euros into Aerosoft scenery which I am unable to use under Prepar3d2. I am not willing to use the Migration Tool anymore for getting this scenery "sort of" working.

Aerosoft is a major player in the Addon market. There should be a way of communication between them and LM to resolve this issue. And, yes, I requested this on the Aerosoft forum as well.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
mroschk

Post by mroschk »

Hello,

AS has so much sceneries that LM can not ignore this.

Also i wonder a bit about this Statement at the Latest News Page:

Quote:
Other issues resolved:

•Resolved an issue where force feedback joysticks would not continue to rumble after an initial vehicle crash

•Resolved a backwards compatibility issue where DTX 5 vegetation would flicker in several Orbx addons

•Resolved a backwards compatibility issue with the airport lighting in Aerosoft airport addons

I wrote this also in another Thread, buit i think here is the better place .

Brgds
Zach Heylmun

Post by Zach Heylmun »

Going to repost Wes' response from the other thread:

Just to be clear, they did send us a copy of Rotterdam, which we verified the lights were not rendering in 2.1, and we fixed for 2.2:

We were under the impression that all of their airports used the same runway lighting technique that was used in Rotterdam, as that was the test airport we received. Hence our general statement in our release notes about fixing them.

If they are drawing lights using other techniques then please have them reach out to me and provide us additional test cases that are not rendering.
pmb

Post by pmb »

Thank you very much Zach for quickly noting. I just posted a hint in one of the Aerosoft forums observed by an employee.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
rene_1st

Post by rene_1st »

Zach & Michael,

Thank you very much for this...now we are getting somewhere :D

Its clear that Aerosoft did not do a thorough follow-up on this matter on their side.

I do hope that someone will be contacting you. Emanuel Hagen back at the Aerosoft forum confirmed that they are doing their best to support LM in order to get the matter resolved. Something does not tie up here.

Best regards,

Rene
mroschk

Post by mroschk »

Hello,

my Homebase is EDDP ( includet in the Aerosoft German Airports 2 )

Can anyone please have a look if it is working or not?

For me the VASI and RAIL (RWY Lights ) are not working here.

I am very sad about that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzwrlD ... sp=sharing

thx
rene_1st

Post by rene_1st »

Ok so Emanuel Hagen from Aerosoft confirms that they are already talking to LM...just interesting that Zach does not seem to know about this.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/to ... /?p=574750

Best regards,

Rene
overflow

Post by overflow »

Quote:
Quote from Zach Heylmun on April 10, 2014, 12:21

Going to repost Wes' response from the other thread:

Just to be clear, they did send us a copy of Rotterdam, which we verified the lights were not rendering in 2.1, and we fixed for 2.2:

We were under the impression that all of their airports used the same runway lighting technique that was used in Rotterdam, as that was the test airport we received. Hence our general statement in our release notes about fixing them.

If they are drawing lights using other techniques then please have them reach out to me and provide us additional test cases that are not rendering.

Read here please.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=3899
overflow

Post by overflow »

The software is an addon. The rules as it is to create depend on the SDK. This was in FSX so and also in P3D. Has MS adapted FS9 addons to FSX?? I think no. It`s a goodwill from LM, but the problem from the addon developer. He must made an adaption to new simulator software. Other do it without problems. I think about Fly Tampa, FSDT , OrbX...and.. and.. and. There is no discussion or problem, because the solution is coming from there developers.
Mathijs

Post by Mathijs »

Quote:
Quote from Snave on April 10, 2014, 16:08

As I said, apology due from AS. And presumably some form of action against their moderator. Who is clearly not capable, or technically not proficient.

They were warned.

I almost forgot why you were banned from our forums (like from many others). Thanks for reminding me.

we have been in contact with LM about the lights for a while. They have however not reacted to all mails, for example for the sample I send on March 18 (repeated on March 19) I did have no response. The light issue with some of our airports is caused by the change in Direct X, we choose to use a non standard technique there to avoid the layering and performance issues that plague FSX there. We will be looking at this issue this weekend. Could be an easy fix. When we can't fix it we'll talk to LM, they have been great in supporting us.

Of course, this being a professional product, our professional customers have priority.

WBard

Post by WBard »

Deleting posts that were disrespectful. Please keep it civil. The forum rules state to treat everyone with respect. Warnings and posting privileges being removed will follow if needed.
WBard

Post by WBard »

Mathijs and the Aerosoft crew are great, we've reconnect and will try our best to work through the issues with their technique of lighting.
rene_1st

Post by rene_1st »

Quote:
Quote from WBard on April 11, 2014, 08:27

Mathijs and the Aerosoft crew are great, we've reconnect and will try our best to work through the issues with their technique of lighting.

Yes sir...thank you.

Awesome when two excellent publishers work together...result will be likewise excellent I am sure.