Nvidia settings - solution found!

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Shousa

Post by Shousa »

First post - I thank Lockheed for providing a great platform and being remarkably communicative to sort issues out from what I have now seen.

Could someone please do me a favour from either Lockheed or one of the developers who has V2 working well on their PC please simply:

1) post their Nvidia inspector settings

2) post their p3d settings

I do not want any explanation at all about it - please trust me on that - it is just for testing (doesn't matter what my PC is but it is overclocked to 4.8 with a GTX580).

Can email me if you don't want it on the forum.

Pretty please?

Shousa

Post by Shousa »

Bump

I really need someone's settings to test because my P3D installation doesn't look right.

aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Shousa, Nvidia inspector settings havr no effect in P3DV2 (already stated in this forum by LM), for the P3D settings I suggest you delete the prepar3d,cfg and then restart P3D this will create a new one with the default settings as suggested by LM, that should be your start.

Also I can say that the GPU and VRAM have a great impact on performance...

regards Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB
Shousa

Post by Shousa »

aeronauta, thanks for your answer. I wasn't asking about performance though.....the topic is simply about getting screenshots of settings without requiring an explanation (no disrespect to your thoughtful and kind answer).

Is that true for all Nvidia settings? Are you saying I can choose any random setting I like for every single item in Nvidia and there will be no impact?? If I put "application override" (as one example) I get black screens and cannot use the sim at all and "enhance" stops that without changing any setting at all in P3D.

I also have found I agree with this post - the frame rate limiter in Nvidia was causing problems. So that is another one that does matter.

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... "e=10738.0

Another one that matters:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... "e=10742.0

So therefore I politely request again for those screenshots only, thank you.

Shousa

Post by Shousa »

bump - this has been passed over again and is about to go onto the 2nd page (for the 2nd day)
Shousa

Post by Shousa »

Hey everyone these settings worked for me.

I used these ones:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/s ... post850194

Then changed only these settings only to fix AA:

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum-5/?mingle ... pic&t=4032
torkermax

Post by torkermax »

How is it one person stated NI makes all the difference in the world and others says it has no effect? What is it???? Im one of those no effects and would like an explanation of why. Been using NI for yrs and do know how to set it up.

par05226

Post by par05226 »

Quote,

Are you seeing clouds all the way to the horizon even in thick flog (o.1km visibility)? I am..and this is definitely not right..doesn't happen in FSX. I've got GTX570

Mark.
Sparky4444

Post by Sparky4444 »

Greetings all...My first post being a first time Prepar user here with V2.0

Firstly -- Nvidia Inspector settings 100% DO affect the game ... it didn't appear to after quite a bit of monkeying around..but when I set the frame limiter in NI and saw the frame rates reflect it in the game, it's definate...you can see it happen...

...so I've settled on the similiar settings as you guys, which are kinda close to what I did with FSX...

1) In NI I set frame rate limiter to 58 fps...using the latest version of NI

2) In the sim, set it to unlimited

3) In the sim FFAA is off, MSAA at 4 samples, Ansio textures at 4x..

The NI settings are similiar to what others posted here -- however I made sure they were at 4x to be close to the sim 4x settings

Using REX Overdrive+Essentials in the morning with the water reflections and HD clouds is just sick...terrain still shimmer's and isn't as solid but it seems a bit better with these settings...I'll put up some screenshots when I have the time...

..also I had to enable Aero Peek to help with the stutter's...

...the point being here is that NI will have an impact...it almost seem's as though once I started using the frame limiter in NI that everything else fell into place

...when LM get's this aliasing thing figured out, this sim is going to be sick...

...I wish Prepar would put in the intro music like it is in FSX...Love that lol

I have a EVGA gtx 660 OC..Windows 7 over-clocked to 4 GHz, 12GB ram, 240GB SSD
Saul

Post by Saul »

Quote:
...I wish Prepar would put in the intro music like it is in FSX...Love that lol

ROFL .. what about modernizing with Gangnam Style? :D :D :D

Regards,

Saul.