Autogen file convert from FSX to P3DV2

Discussion related to terrain/scenery design.
tomerhm

Post by tomerhm »

Hi

I have photoreal scenery with autogen I develop using FSX SDK.

when I tried to load it to P3DV2, I got undifine trees modeling.

also when I tried to open photo using P3DV2 SDK, it says guid not found and than CTD.

how can I detect and remove these undifind old trees to be replaced by new ones?

another question:

when I tried to load scenery (models and landclass) made using FSX SDK to prepar3D, I lose lie 40% PFS

do I need to recompile all my old scenery models and landclass with P3DV2 SDK for better performance ?

Thanks, Tomer

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Thanks for reporting the crash, we can look into this issue. Do you know how to compare 2 text files, using an editor like Notepad++? I would compare the autogen description files (.xml) from FSX to P3D to see what the has been changed or is missing.

Can you provide some more details or screenshots of the second issue? I would like to narrow down the problem!

tomerhm

Post by tomerhm »

Thanks Max

this what happens when trying to load photo+autogen make by FSX SDK to P3DV2 - the orange object is undifinded autogen trees

this what happens when trying to load photo bgl into P3DV2 SDK Annotator

this what happens when trying to save this photo bgl (autogen) using P3DV2 SDK Annotator

I compare autogen folder size FSX and P3DV2

FSX: 22.3 MB

P3DV2: 8.25 MB

FSX AutogenDescriptions.spb: 0.98 MB

P3DV2 AutogenDescriptions.spb: 343 KB

thanks again :)
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

Thank you for the screenshots! So if they are different sizes, could something have been added to your FSX autogendescriptions.spb file to increase it? We didn't intentionally remove any autogen or change guids for autogen!
tomerhm

Post by tomerhm »

Hi max

I use only default autogendescriptions.spb.

my scenery work perfect with all fresh install of FSX (SP1+SP2)

Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

In the FSX autogendescription.xml if you search for the guid that is missing, what do you see? I don't have an FSX install to try.
tomerhm

Post by tomerhm »

I just recognize what was the problem.

first I notice, when I using my scenery it couse all palm trees autogen to look like this (whole world)

(this picture is from sychelles, 2000NM far from my scenery)

this problem occurs because another BGL file of my scenery witch add default palm trees using wisplacer ang FSX bglcomp:

when adding default palm trees as static object its make autogen palm trees to be undentified! :)

I tried to recompile the source XML file using P3Dv2 bglcomp and the problem still here...

klaurita

Post by klaurita »

I have the same problem with my scenery where I used Object Placement tool. When I remove all vegetation objects, no problem.
LCSims

Post by LCSims »

Quote:
Quote from Orswell on November 26, 2013, 16:48

Thanks for reporting the crash, we can look into this issue. Do you know how to compare 2 text files, using an editor like Notepad++? I would compare the autogen description files (.xml) from FSX to P3D to see what the has been changed or is missing.

Can you provide some more details or screenshots of the second issue? I would like to narrow down the problem!

Greets Max,

You mention that there were no changes made to AutogenDescriptions.spb from before, but what about AutogenDescription_mid and _min.spb? Comparing these two files for P3Dv2 and FSX there are many, many changes. Could this contribute to the vegetation display anomalies seen with legacy work? Autogen is not one of the areas I deal with (think mesh), so I do not know where these two files come into play in the rendering process.

What I did was decompile the .SPB files for P3D and FSX and then use ExamDiff (free version) to compare the files. It's showing things beyond my knowledge, such as different groupings, different GUIDs in use, etc.

Lance
Max Perry
Lockheed Martin

Post by Max Perry »

_mid and _min are just additional files I created as examples and to reduce variation / improve performance for some people. Their presence shouldn't be affecting anything unless they are renamed to not have the _mid or _min.
kevinfirth

Post by kevinfirth »

I just copied my entire FSX/autogen folder into P3D2 and everything works just fine :)
hebrew

Post by hebrew »

Hi I got the same problem,if I load scenery the autogen map the scenery textures to the autogen,if that make sense.

See pic - http://triengtrieng.webs.com/apps/forum ... ?page=last

Frits Beyer

http://triengtrieng.webs.com/